Lejos 3.0 / 64 bit JDK / Eclipe plugin / Linux all working

This is where you talk about the RCX software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderator: roger

Lejos 3.0 / 64 bit JDK / Eclipe plugin / Linux all working

Postby hugheaves » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:43 pm

Just as an FYI, I managed to get the complete Lejos stack including the Eclipse plugin working under a "modern" Linux software stack including the following:

Ubuntu 13.10
Oracle JDK 1.7.40, 64 bit version
Eclipse 4.3.1 Kepler
Lejos 3.0 (CVS version - modified)
Eclipse Plugin 1.2.0 (CVS version - also modified)

I had to fix (patch) several problems with the Eclipse plug-in, and the Lejos 3.0 software, but everything seems to work well now. If anyone is interested, I can make my patched version available for download. I haven't tested under Windows or OS X, but it's quite possible that these fixes would work for those platforms as well.

Hugh
hugheaves
New User

Re: Lejos 3.0 / 64 bit JDK / Eclipe plugin / Linux all worki

Postby Timendainum » Sun May 18, 2014 7:43 am

I am very interested in this. Is it available?
Timendainum
New User

Postby hugheaves » Thu May 22, 2014 1:52 am

Timendainum wrote:I am very interested in this. Is it available?

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't get a "notification" that someone had replied to this thread. :)

The RCX source code with my patches to "make it work" is available on github here:

https://github.com/hugheaves/lejos_rcx

The "org.lejos.ldt-*" directories are the various components of the eclipse plug-in. It's actually been a few months since I tried to build this, but if I remember correctly, you can import the "ldt" directories as projects into Eclipse and use Eclipse to build the plug-in folder.

If you can't get it to work, let me know, and I can upload a tarball of my working plug-in binaries.

Hugh
hugheaves
New User

Postby Timendainum » Thu May 29, 2014 4:00 pm

Excellent,

Thank you so much! I'll try playing around with it this weekend!
Timendainum
New User

Postby dpeterson3 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:11 pm

Could either of you help me get this working? I have some people trying to use my old RCX for a school project. I've checked out hugheaves source from github and imported all the projects into eclipse. Eclipse complains that the project "rcxcomm" is missing. Where can I find a source copy of this library? I tried just removing the dependence on rcxcomm, but that just resulted in the libraries josx.rcxcomm.* not resolving, which makes sense since it no longer has a build package to pull from. Not sure how to fix this. Secondly, it complains that in the Binary.java file there is a SpecialCLassConstants file that can't be resolved.
build environment
eclipse: 4.3.2
java: jdk 8 oracle x64

I'm hoping once I get the linux issues resolved, I can build on windows as well. My personal machine is linux, but the student ones are windows.

Thanks
dpeterson3
New User

Return to RCX Software