0.5.0-alpha

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

0.5.0-alpha

Postby lawrie » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:37 pm

I have just started the release process for a new 0.5.0-alpha release.

Andy is currently busy working on putting the motor regulation code into the linux kernel to make it work more reliably, and that will be in the next release.

This is an interim release with a lot of new features.

The way this release is installed is a lot different from the previous releases.

I have not started updating the Wiki yet. I thought I would put most of the instructions in this forum post first and then start updating the Wiki.

This release should work on Windows, Linux and Mac and anything else that can run a full Java system and Eclipse.

The only release file is sd.zip which contains one file, sd.img. It can be downloaded from http://sourceforge.net/projects/lejos/files/lejos-EV3/.

This file needs to be written to a 1Gb or larger micro SD card. On linux, you can do this with dd. On Windows, a good free utility is http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/.

Using Win32DiskImager, you insert the micro SD card and make a note of the drive letter. You then select the drive and the image file in the GUI and press the Write button. Make very sure you select the correct drive.

Once the SD card has been written you need to copy the Oracle Java VM to it. This is downloaded from the usual place - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 82511.html.

Just copy the .gz file to the SD card. The drive should be called LMS2012. The only other file on the drive is uImage. The rest of the files are in a linux filesystem, LMS2012_EXT, which is not visible on Windows.

When you have copied the Oracle file, safely remove the SD card and put it in the EV3, and start the EV3.

It will take two or three minutes to start the first time, as it copies and optimizes the Oracle VM. (Its not that much quicker on subsequent starts).

You should then see a menu on the screen that shows a passing resemblance to the NXT leJOS menu. You navigate between the menu screens using the left and right arrows and go back using the escape key. You select entries using the central enter key. The up and down keys are only used on keyboard screens. The menu is in need of various cosmetic improvements.

The menu should show the brick name (EV3 by default), the battery level and the IP addresses. The only current IP address should be 10.0.1.1. You can connect to this using USB or Bluetooth PAN.

If you have a Wifi dongle, the first thing you will need to do is configure Wifi. Make sure your dongle is inserted and navigate to the Wifi menu screen by pressing the right arrow multiple times.

When you press ENTER on the Wifi screen it should think for a while and then show you a list of access points. Select the SSID for your access point. You navigate through the list using he left and right arrows (not up and down). When you press ENTER with your SSID select you get a keyboard screen that lets you enter your password. Navigate to the keys using the up, down, left and right arrows and select a letter, number or punctuation using ENTER. The bottom line of the screen shows your password as you type it. The line above has some special characters: U select upper case letters, and l, lower case. x is used to delete the last character, and D means Done.

When you have entered your password, press D. You should see some messages on the screen as the wireless Lan is restarted. If all goes well, you will connect to your access point and you will see a second IP address on your screen. I am doing this as I type and it has just worked for me.

Programming the device is done from Eclipse, the same as for previous releases. There are some ant build files in the latest projects that use the ant scp task. If this is not already installed in your Eclipse system, you can get it it from the jsch project in sourceforge and install it in Windows>Preferences>Ant>RunTime>Ant Home Entries.

Currently you can use the HEAD versions of projects from Eclipse, but it will soon be better to use the 0.5.0-alpha tag as incompatible changes to projects may be made.

Let me know if this release works for you.

The leJOS API has changed a lot for this release. The package names are nearly all changed, so you may have to remove the import statements from your programs and get Eclipse to find he new ones.

There is a change in the driver classes for all the sensors. They now all support new SensorMode and SampleProvider interfaces for reading and processing sensor data in a consistent way. Until a new tutorial is written, you will need to look at the sample projects to see how these interfaces are used.

There are lots of new features in this release that are only partially tested:

These include:

• Bluetooth Serial comms
  • Remote NXT comms
  • Remote EV3 comms using Java RMI
  • An ev3tools PC project
  • Eclipse remote debugging

The menu includes the following features:

• Setting and running a default program
  • Listing and running or debugging programs
  • Listing and running sample programs
  • Configuring Bluetooth
  • Configuring Wifi
  • Setting the sound volume and button sounds
  • Various other system settings
  • Showing the version

One of the system settings is changing the name of the EV3. This takes a while as it needs to reconfigure networking.

The menu also acts as a Java RMI server, a server to support remote console access and remote commands, and it sets the time from a configurable NTP server.

The PC tools are all currently run from Eclipse. They incllude:

• EV3Control which acts as an extended remote menu
  • EV3Console and EV3ConsoleViewer which views System.out and System.err output from programs

If you run a program fro the menu or from the tools, you can abort it bty pressing ENTER +DOWN keys.

If you want to start programs from the command line, you can suspend the menu from the System menu and restart it by ENTER+DOWN.

If you don't want the menu at all you can remove it from /root/lejos/bin/startup.

Have fun!
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Re: 0.5.0-alpha

Postby aziobro » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:46 am

I can confirm that the install went well.
I was able to connect via bluetooth using OSX and run the sample programs.

The menus on the brick look great!

I am trying to connect to a Tetrix Motor Controller and Servo Controller.
I can not seem to locate them in the new code.

Can you please point me in the correct direction to look at?

Thank you
aziobro
New User

Postby lawrie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:43 am

Nobody has ported the Tetrix stuff yet. I don't know if there is any problem with it - I don't own any Tetrix motors. As it uses i2c, it should probably work, but we have had issues with some i2c devices.

I could copy the stuff across from the NXT project to lejos.device.tetrix and you and others could see if it works.

Kirk Thompson was the developer who did most of the work on the NXT version of this, and I believe that he is about to start working on the EV3 version.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby lawrie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:10 am

I have just done a quick port of the Tetrix classes. If you pull the latest version of ev3classes, they are in lejos.hardware.device.tetrix.

They are untested and unlikely to work, but people can try them out.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby aziobro » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:36 pm

Great I have a robot with two motor controllers and a servo controller that I can test.

Ok got it to the robot and here is the error:
Code: Select all
classpath: TetrixControllerTest.jar:/home/root/lejos/lib/ev3classes.jar:/home/root/lejos/lib/dbusjava.jar:/home/root/lejos/libjna/usr/share/java/jna.jar:.
Failed to load properties file
Exception in thread "main" lejos.hardware.DeviceException: unable to open port
   at lejos.internal.ev3.EV3Port.open(EV3Port.java:70)
   at lejos.hardware.sensor.I2CSensor.<init>(I2CSensor.java:69)
   at lejos.hardware.sensor.I2CSensor.<init>(I2CSensor.java:80)
   at lejos.hardware.device.tetrix.TetrixControllerFactory$Finder.<init>(TetrixControllerFactory.java:77)
   at lejos.hardware.device.tetrix.TetrixControllerFactory.<init>(TetrixControllerFactory.java:72)
   at TetrixControllerTest.main(TetrixControllerTest.java:17)

Code:
import lejos.hardware.Button;
import lejos.hardware.device.tetrix.*;
import lejos.hardware.port.SensorPort;

public class TetrixControllerTest {

public static void main(String[] args) {
      // Instantiate the factory and get a Motor and servo controller. We assume that there is one of
       // each daisy-chained.
       TetrixControllerFactory cf = new TetrixControllerFactory(SensorPort.S1);
       TetrixMotorController mc1 = cf.newMotorController(); //Gets First Motor Controller
       TetrixMotorController mc2 = cf.newMotorController(); //Gets First Motor Controller
       TetrixServoController sc = cf.newServoController(); //Gets First Servo Controller

// Display the voltage from the motor controller
       System.out.println("vmc1=" + mc1.getVoltage());
       System.out.println("vmc2=" + mc2.getVoltage());

}

}

I then restarted the EV3 and cycled power to the servo and motor controllers. This gave a slightly different result.

root@ev1:~# jrun -cp TetrixControllerTest.jar TetrixControllerTest
classpath: TetrixControllerTest.jar:/home/root/lejos/lib/ev3classes.jar:/home/root/lejos/lib/dbusjava.jar:/home/root/lejos/libjna/usr/share/java/jna.jar:.
Failed to load properties file
Set type 10
Status 0 changed false
Status 0 changed false
Status 0 changed false
Exception in thread "main" lejos.hardware.DeviceException: unable to open port
   at lejos.internal.ev3.EV3Port.open(EV3Port.java:70)
   at lejos.hardware.sensor.I2CSensor.<init>(I2CSensor.java:69)
   at lejos.hardware.device.tetrix.TetrixMotorController.<init>(TetrixMotorController.java:118)
   at lejos.hardware.device.tetrix.TetrixControllerFactory.newMotorController(TetrixControllerFactory.java:111)
   at TetrixControllerTest.main(TetrixControllerTest.java:13)
root@ev1:~#
aziobro
New User

Postby lawrie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:16 pm

I will have a look at it and tell you when it is worth having another go.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby lawrie » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Hi aziobro,

I don't think the design of the Tetrix classes that worked on the NXT is going to work on the EV3 without changes. It looks like the finder and motor/server controllers share the same port, but use different i2c addresses. On the EV3 you cannot open a port more than once, so you get an error when the first motor controller opens the port that the Finder class in TetrixControllerFactory has already opened. I have made a change that might fix this, but it is hard to test without having the hardware.

Can you pull the latest version of ev3classes and try your program again.

Lawrie
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby petrs143 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:29 am

Hello
I can't compile my EV3FirstProgram

EV3FirstProgram.java

import lejos.hardware.Button;
import lejos.hardware.lcd.LCD;

public class EV3FirstProgram {

public static void main(String[] args) {
        LCD.clear();
        LCD.drawString("First EV3 Program", 0, 5);
        Button.waitForAnyPress();
        LCD.clear();
        LCD.refresh();

}

}

build.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<project name="EV3FirstProgram" basedir="." default="copy">
    <property name="source.dir"     value="src"/>
    <property name="lib.dir"        value="C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes"/>
    <property name="class.dir"      value="build"/>
    <property name="jar.dir"        value="dist"/>
    <property name="main-class"     value="EV3FirstProgram"/>
    <property name="lejos.home"     value="/home/root/lejos"/>
    <property name="ev3.host"       value="10.0.1.1"/>

<path id="libraries.path">   
        <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
            <include name="*.jar"/>
        </fileset>
    </path>

<target name="clean" description="delete old files">
        <delete dir="${class.dir}"/>
        <delete dir="${jar.dir}"/>
    </target>

<target name="compile" description="build class files" depends="clean">
        <mkdir dir="${class.dir}"/>
        <javac srcdir="${source.dir}" destdir="${class.dir}">
            <classpath refid="libraries.path"/>
        </javac>
    </target>

<target name="jar" depends="compile">
        <mkdir dir="${jar.dir}"/>
        <jar destfile="${jar.dir}/${ant.project.name}.jar" basedir="${class.dir}">
            <manifest>
                <attribute name="Main-Class" value="${main-class}"/>
                <attribute name="Class-Path" value="${lejos.home}/lib/ev3classes.jar ${lejos.home}/libjna/usr/share/java/jna.jar"/>
            </manifest>
        </jar> 
    </target>

<target name="copy" depends="jar">
        <scp todir="root:@${ev3.host}:/home/lejos/programs/" trust="true">
            <fileset file="${jar.dir}/${ant.project.name}.jar"/>
        </scp>
    </target>
</project>

what is wrong ? please help me.
petrs143
New User

Postby lawrie » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:40 pm

What is your problem? What error do you get?
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby petrs143 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Here is output:

Buildfile: C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\build.xml
clean:
   [delete] Deleting directory C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\build
compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\build
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\build.xml:24: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file to C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\build
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:1: error: package lejos.hardware does not exist
    [javac] import lejos.hardware.Button;
    [javac]                      ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:2: error: package lejos.hardware.lcd does not exist
    [javac] import lejos.hardware.lcd.LCD;
    [javac]                          ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:7: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.clear();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable LCD
    [javac]   location: class EV3FirstProgram
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:8: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.drawString("First EV3 Program", 0, 5);
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:9: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         Button.waitForAnyPress();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable Button
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:10: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.clear();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\src\EV3FirstProgram.java:11: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         LCD.refresh();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] 7 errors

BUILD FAILED
C:\lejos\workspace\EV3FirstProgram\build.xml:24: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 1 second
petrs143
New User

Postby nate » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:13 pm

lawrie wrote:Hi aziobro,

I don't think the design of the Tetrix classes that worked on the NXT is going to work on the EV3 without changes. It looks like the finder and motor/server controllers share the same port, but use different i2c addresses. On the EV3 you cannot open a port more than once, so you get an error when the first motor controller opens the port that the Finder class in TetrixControllerFactory has already opened. I have made a change that might fix this, but it is hard to test without having the hardware.

Can you pull the latest version of ev3classes and try your program again.

Lawrie

Lawrie,

I just received an EV3 for Christmas (thanks to my family), and since I have a complete Tetrix kit as I mentor the high-school robotics team, I was able to test the new EV3 code. I used a program similar to the original author that I had written to test the Tetrix libraries when Kirk initially committed them.

With the latest changes you made in the last few days, my program works fine controlling 4 motors (two motor controllers, two motors per controller). I was able to start/stop motors, as well as read the voltage from both motor.

Thanks!

Nate

ps. I was unable to get WiFi working out of the box as it appeared the the wpaclient.conf file in the default 0.5 release had hardcoded values in it, but using the instructions from previous pages, I was able to manually edit the file after connecting to the brick and get it working against my local network.
nate
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:32 pm

Hi nate,
Did you try configuring WiFi using the leJOS menu? You should have been able to get it working using that. If not could you post your settings so we can see what things you are not able to set via the menu.

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby f1rede » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Having the same problem, i can't compile any example project...
Running Eclipse on Mac & checked out the 0.5.0 alpha tag
any suggestions ? Thanks very much

[javac] /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/build.xml:24: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
[javac] Compiling 1 source file to /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/build
[javac] /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/src/EV3HelloWorld.java:1: package lejos.hardware does not exist
[javac] import lejos.hardware.Button;
[javac] ^
[javac] /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/src/EV3HelloWorld.java:2: package lejos.hardware does not exist
[javac] import lejos.hardware.Sound;
[javac] ^
[javac] /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/src/EV3HelloWorld.java:3: package lejos.hardware.ev3 does not exist
[javac] import lejos.hardware.ev3.LocalEV3;
[javac] ^
[javac] /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/src/EV3HelloWorld.java:4: package lejos.hardware.lcd does not exist
[javac] import lejos.hardware.lcd.Font;
[javac] ^
[javac] /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/src/EV3HelloWorld.java:5: package lejos.hardware.lcd does not exist
[javac] import lejos.hardware.lcd.GraphicsLCD;
[javac] ^
[javac] /Users/alex/Documents/workspace/ev3/EV3HelloWorld/src/EV3HelloWorld.java:6: package lejos.utility does not exist
f1rede
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:16 pm

Have you built the ev3classes project? You may need to build this first.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby petrs143 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:29 pm

I have built the ev3classes project.

Here is output:

Buildfile: C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\build.xml
clean:
compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\build
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\build.xml:27: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set to false for repeatable builds
    [javac] Compiling 393 source files to C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\build
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\hardware\LocalBTDevice.java:11: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus.exceptions does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.exceptions.DBusException;
    [javac]                                       ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:6: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.DBusConnection;
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:7: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.Path;
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:8: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus.exceptions does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.exceptions.DBusException;
    [javac]                                       ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Manager.java:2: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.DBusInterface;
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Manager.java:3: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.DBusInterfaceName;
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Manager.java:4: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Manager.java:7: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] public interface Manager extends DBusInterface {
    [javac]                                  ^
    [javac]   symbol: class DBusInterface
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Manager.java:6: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] @DBusInterfaceName("org.bluez.Manager")
    [javac]  ^
    [javac]   symbol: class DBusInterfaceName
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:12: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]    private DBusConnection dbusConn;
    [javac]            ^
    [javac]   symbol:   class DBusConnection
    [javac]   location: class DBusBluez
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:13: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]    private Path adapterPath;
    [javac]            ^
    [javac]   symbol:   class Path
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:2: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:3: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:4: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:7: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] public interface Adapter extends DBusInterface {
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:6: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] @DBusInterfaceName("org.bluez.Adapter")
    [javac]  ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:16: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]    public DBusBluez() throws DBusException {
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac]   symbol:   class DBusException
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:22: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public void selectAdapter(Path adapterPath) throws DBusException {
    [javac]                               ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:22: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public void selectAdapter(Path adapterPath) throws DBusException {
    [javac]                                                        ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:27: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public boolean authenticateRemoteDevice(String deviceAddress, final String passkey) throws DBusException {
    [javac]                                                                                                ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Manager.java:9: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]    public Path DefaultAdapter();
    [javac]           ^
    [javac]   location: interface Manager
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Manager.java:11: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]    Path[] ListAdapters();
    [javac]    ^
    [javac]   location: interface Manager
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:9: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]    Path CreatePairedDevice(String address, Path agent, String capability);
    [javac]                                            ^
    [javac]   location: interface Adapter
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:9: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]    Path CreatePairedDevice(String address, Path agent, String capability);
    [javac]    ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Adapter.java:14: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     Path[] ListDevices();
    [javac]     ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:3: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:4: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:5: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:6: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.UInt32;
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:9: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] public interface Agent extends DBusInterface {
    [javac]                                ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:8: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac] @DBusInterfaceName("org.bluez.Agent")
    [javac]  ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:25: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     String RequestPinCode(Path device);
    [javac]                           ^
    [javac]   location: interface Agent
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:33: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     UInt32 RequestPasskey(Path device);
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:33: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     UInt32 RequestPasskey(Path device);
    [javac]     ^
    [javac]   symbol:   class UInt32
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:48: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     void DisplayPasskey(Path device, UInt32 passkey, byte entered);
    [javac]                         ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:48: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     void DisplayPasskey(Path device, UInt32 passkey, byte entered);
    [javac]                                      ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:57: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     void RequestConfirmation(Path device, UInt32 passkey);
    [javac]                              ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:57: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     void RequestConfirmation(Path device, UInt32 passkey);
    [javac]                                           ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\Agent.java:63: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     void Authorize(Path device, String uuid);
    [javac]                    ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:3: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:4: error: package org.freedesktop.dbus does not exist
    [javac] import org.freedesktop.dbus.UInt32;
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:14: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public void Authorize(Path device, String uuid) {
    [javac]   location: class PinAgent
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:22: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public void DisplayPasskey(Path device, UInt32 passkey, byte entered) {
    [javac]                                ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:22: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public void DisplayPasskey(Path device, UInt32 passkey, byte entered) {
    [javac]                                             ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:25: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public void RequestConfirmation(Path device, UInt32 passkey) {
    [javac]                                     ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:25: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public void RequestConfirmation(Path device, UInt32 passkey) {
    [javac]                                                  ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:28: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public UInt32 RequestPasskey(Path device) {
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:28: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public UInt32 RequestPasskey(Path device) {
    [javac]            ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\PinAgent.java:33: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]     public String RequestPinCode(Path device)  {
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\hardware\LocalBTDevice.java:42: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]       } catch (DBusException e1) {
    [javac]                ^
    [javac]   location: class LocalBTDevice
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\hardware\LocalBTDevice.java:120: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]       } catch (DBusException e) {
    [javac]                ^
    [javac]   location: class LocalBTDevice
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:17: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]       dbusConn = DBusConnection.getConnection(DBusConnection.SYSTEM);
    [javac]                                               ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable DBusConnection
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:17: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]       dbusConn = DBusConnection.getConnection(DBusConnection.SYSTEM);
    [javac]                  ^
    [javac]   symbol:   variable DBusConnection
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:35: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]             adapter.CreatePairedDevice(deviceAddress, new Path(agentPath), "");
    [javac]                                                           ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:64: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]         Path[] adapters = dbusManager.ListAdapters();
    [javac]         ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:75: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]        Path[] devices = adapter.ListDevices();
    [javac]        ^
    [javac] C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\src\lejos\internal\dbus\DBusBluez.java:76: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]        for(Path device: devices) {
    [javac]            ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] 57 errors

BUILD FAILED
C:\lejos\workspace\ev3\ev3classes\build.xml:27: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 8 seconds
Last edited by petrs143 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petrs143
New User

Next

Return to EV3 Software