Want download a sequential file to the PC

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Want download a sequential file to the PC

Postby saturn_at_sky » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi leJOS Team,
how can I download a sequential file, which I have created on the EV3, to the PC?
saturn_at_sky
New User

Re: Want download a sequential file to the PC

Postby daspfanni2000 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:20 pm

What exactly do you mean by "sequential"?

You can always use scp for copying to and from the device.

If you want to embed networking code into a program running on the robot, you could use normal java networking api. http://openbook.galileocomputing.de/javainsel9/javainsel_21_007.htm

I cannot offer example code right now, but I am planning to implement uploading of files to my ev3 program. To be continued:-)
daspfanni2000
New User

Postby lawrie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:14 pm

There are just so many ways. On Windows, WinSCP is quite a nice tool for copying files in both directions. On if you want a command line tool, there is pscp from the same author as putty. Or you can install the Remote System Explorer in Eclipse and use that. Or you can use EV3Control, but I think that currently only copies from the programs directory. Or you can use the remote EV3 API in ev3classes from a Java program. Or you can read the SD card on Linux or MAC OS X, or copy the file to the DOS partition and read it on Windows. Or you could write a Java program that uses the Dropbox or Google Drive API and upload it to the cloud. Or you could run a web server on the EV3 as in Mark Crosbie's project in the EV3 Projects forum.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby saturn_at_sky » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:17 pm

Hi Lawrie,
thank you for your hints. I try to use WinSCP but I need a Username and a Password. Can you tell me the right data?
saturn_at_sky
New User

Postby lawrie » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:23 pm

User name root, blank password.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software