Simple program does not seem to run

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Simple program does not seem to run

Postby jorrge » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi there, me again with another problem, I have made all up to the point of be able to download jar files to my EV3, and I try to execute it and it shows me just a clean screen for few seconds and then get back to the last screen, I mean nothing happend, I make the firtsEV3 program where only shows one message on the screen, any guess? thanks in advance.
jorrge
New User

Re: Simple program does not seem to run

Postby gloomyandy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:35 pm

Please do not tag new questions on to the end of existing threads. I have moved your post to a new thread. If you have a new problem start a new thread. People may not be looking at existing threads.

I suspect that the main reason no one has replied is that you have not supplied much information. Please post the code of your program so we can see what it is you are actually trying to run.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby jorrge » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:42 pm

Ooops, sorry, I'm new in the forum, I'll try to not to make more mistakes.

I compile and run the EV3HelloWorld project thas is coming with at git repository, and I get the same result, nothing happen, The code that I wrote is here:
Code: Select all
import lejos.hardware.Button;
import lejos.hardware.lcd.LCD;

public class FirstEv3 {
   static RegulatedMotor leftMotor = Motor.A;
    public static void main(String[] args) {
        LCD.clear();
        LCD.drawString("First EV3 Program", 0, 5);
        Button.waitForAnyPress();
        LCD.clear();
        LCD.refresh();
    }
}

which is the same as the wiki page,
On the EV3 In the EV3 I have the jar files, after the ant was generated and the same is happend, the screen became clean and after a while it get back where the .jar are located. thanks in advance
jorrge
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:03 pm

Try adding a long delay at the end of your program. I suspect that the button is still down (from running your program) by the time it is checked, your program runs and exists very quickly.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software