Unable to connect to EV3

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Unable to connect to EV3

Postby hyperion » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:28 am

Hello,

I tried to install some testprograms to an EV3 Brick and NXT Brick. Installation on the NXT Brick over USB works fine, but the installation on the EV3 Brick failed. In Eclipse I see the message that EV3 Brick was not found. Also in EV3 Control I can not find the over USB connected Brick.

Steps already did:
Installing the eclipse ev3 plugin
importing and building ev3snapshot
creating bootable sd card and flashing firmware of ev3 brick
try to install over ev3 eclipse plugin
try to install over build.xml
configuring build.xml and ev3 eclipse plugin with "IP-Adress" (10.0.1.1)
Connecting PC and Brick with USB cable

Maybe the problem is that if I connect the brick to my pc via usb an error message in windows comes up that the device can not be installed. In the windows device manager I see that RNDIS Driver is missing. Do you have any information about this problem?

Regards,
hyperion
hyperion
New User

Re: Unable to connect to EV3

Postby gloomyandy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:37 am

You need an rndis driver to be able to connect via USB. Unfortunately different versions of Windows (and even it seems different levels of Windows update), seem to require different solutions. All of my systems (Windows 7 X64, Windows 8, Windows 8.1) seem to install the driver with no extra steps needed. The following post may help:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5107&p=21773&hilit=rndis#p21773

If not then you may need to google for how to install rndis on your system.

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby hyperion » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:12 am

Hi,

this link helps if you have the same problem: https://github.com/mindboards/ev3dev/wi ... Networking

Regards,
hyperion
hyperion
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 am

A quick note for anyone reading this. Please do not follow the steps for setting the IP address given in the above link. For leJOS you need to leave the network settings set at obtain IP address automatically. leJOS runs a DHCP server on the EV3 to provide an IP address to your Windows/Linux/Mac system. The first section about how to install the driver are fine though!
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software