Installation Problem

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Installation Problem

Postby simpligility » Sun May 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Hi!

I am trying to install LeJOS from a Mac. I copy ejre-7u55-fcs-b13-linux-arm-sflt-headless-17_mar_2014.gz and extracted image from leJOS_EV3_0.8.1-beta.tar.gz to an SD card.

When I start up the EV3 the first time it proceeds throw the install. First time it hung at Installing Modules but the second time it proceeded past that yet never went to a stage where there is a menu or something. When I restart the brick it also just stays at the lejos logo and the lights on the brick stay red.

What can I do to troubleshoot this? The only thing I can think of atm that might be a problem is that I am using a 64GB micro sd, since thats all I got laying around. The install went past the formatting and partiontioning and the rootfs setup and so on so I assume its fine. But maybe not... should I get a smaller card or are there other things I should investigate first?

Thx

Manfred
simpligility
New User

Re: Installation Problem

Postby gloomyandy » Mon May 05, 2014 8:00 am

Please see the many other threads on install issues for hints on things to try...
1. Reformat the card and start the process again.
2. Make sure you safely eject the card when you finish copying files to it.
I have never seen an ev3 stop at installing modules, so there is something strange going on. If none of this works then yes try another card.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby simpligility » Mon May 12, 2014 1:37 am

I got a smaller card and it worked like a charm. So warning to others.. dont bother with a 64GB card.
simpligility
New User

Postby skoehler » Wed May 14, 2014 3:50 pm

simpligility wrote:I got a smaller card and it worked like a charm. So warning to others.. dont bother with a 64GB card.

It must have been an SDXC card, right? The EV3 is known to have an SDHC compatible slot only. If the card works reliable at all, most likely only the first 32GB were accessible to the EV3.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software