Logging options

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Logging options

Postby ruperty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:30 pm

I am using java.util.logging.Logger in my code, which gets output to the LCD screen, as well as EV3Console.

Is there a way to log only to the console?

Or are there other options for logging?
Regards,
Rupert
www.perceptualrobots.com
ruperty
Active User

Re: Logging options

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:36 pm

The logging to the LCD is almost certainly a result of leJOS displaying stdout on the LCD. You can turn this off by pressing the left and right keys at the same time, this allows you to choose which output layers are displayed on the LCD, each press cycles through the option. Search the forum for other options on controlling what is displayed.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby ruperty » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:48 pm

gloomyandy wrote:The logging to the LCD is almost certainly a result of leJOS displaying stdout on the LCD. You can turn this off by pressing the left and right keys at the same time, this allows you to choose which output layers are displayed on the LCD, each press cycles through the option. Search the forum for other options on controlling what is displayed.

Thanks. Is there a way to set the LCD as default, as it seems to go back to the logging each time I restart the prog?
Regards,
Rupert
www.perceptualrobots.com
ruperty
Active User

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:52 pm

If you type "LCD stdout" into the search box (as I suggested) you would find...
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7159&p=25881&hilit=LCD+stdout#p25881

But for the logging interface you are using I'm sure there are better ways to do this, you should probably consider adding a custom handler:
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/ap ... ndler.html
that will allow you to do whatever you want with the output...
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby epascual » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 pm

ruperty wrote:Thanks. Is there a way to set the LCD as default, as it seems to go back to the logging each time I restart the prog?
Hi Rupert,

Maybe this post I wrote in another thread will help you : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7159&start=15#p25882

The few lines of code show how you can disable overlays other than the LCD itself and hide stdout and other outputs.
Eric PASCUAL - POBOT association VP & co-founder - http://www.pobot.org
epascual
Active User

Return to EV3 Software