sleep and erasing files

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

sleep and erasing files

Postby dfamil » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 pm

hi

it does not appear that you can sleep, my robot never sleeps. the power level starts a 8 and no longer works when it gets to 6.

i have files that are 0k that will not erase. i have to rename the program that uses those names because they can not be written over.
dfamil
New User

Re: sleep and erasing files

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:42 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by "sleep" what is it you are doing and what do you expect to happen?

Sounds like you may have corrupted your sd card. What are the 0 byte files? Did your program create them? Did the EV3 crash while the files were in use? You may need to recreate the sd card to fix this.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby dfamil » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Hi

in system pref there is a sleep icon, but it doesn't do anything.

i wrote the files. I may be dumb but how do you attach image so i can show you.

thanks
d
dfamil
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:09 pm

You are correct the sleep option has not been implemented yet (remember you are using beta software). All that will do though is to shutdown the EV3 if you don't use it for a while, if a program is running it will not shutdown.

You can't upload images here, you need to host them elsewhere and post a link. What is the image you are trying to post? Are the files you are creating being written to when the EV3 shutsdown (due to low battery)? basically we need to try and understand how you create and update those files and what it was that caused the corruption.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Software