Accuracy Specs for Hitechnic IR Seeker V2, Compass, IR Ball?

This is where you talk about the EV3 hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Accuracy Specs for Hitechnic IR Seeker V2, Compass, IR Ball?

Postby Pif@gor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:05 am

I need some additional information about 4 Hitechnic products:
- IR Seeker V2 sensor;
- Compass sensor;
- Infrared Electronic Ball;
- 360 IR Beacon.

I want to solve next problem - using 2 Electronic Balls (or IR Beacons) and IR Seeker Sensor V2 to create a GPS System. They said to have a 5m radius infrared signal coverage and so we can create a polygon with a side of 2m with full IR covering. So as i think a robot equipped with IR Seeker V2 sensor, which is said to have 240 degrees visibility zone will always be able to see one of Electronic Balls and so navigate to any point inside this polygon. But i can't get info about possibility of measuring distance using IR Seeker sensor. If there is such an information, please, could you give me it?

The second question is about Electronic Ball. It is said to have 20 IR diods inside. How this diods are placed inside the ball and will it be possible to detect them with IR Seeker V2 sensor if i place the Ball on 30 cm height from the floor?

The last question is about Compass Sensor. Does it have any inaccuracy or if the robot is said to move in 90 degrees direction it always be without any sensible errors?

If any official tech specs do exist, please, could you send me or give information about where i could download them?
Pif@gor
New User

Re: Accuracy Specs for Hitechnic IR Seeker V2, Compass, IR B

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:25 am

I think you would be better asking the folks that make these devices.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: Accuracy Specs for Hitechnic IR Seeker V2, Compass, IR B

Postby Pif@gor » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:48 am

I study Hitechnic site thoroughly and didn't found any specs.
I wrote a letter to their support just before posted question here.
If they answer i'll write about it here.

I post my question here in hope, somebody had programmed smth like that and have practical experience. )
Pif@gor
New User

Return to EV3 Hardware