Compatible Wireless Adapter

This is where you talk about the EV3 hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

Compatible Wireless Adapter

Postby Rkandana » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:06 am

Hi, I have successfully managed to get everything on my ev3 working up to the last part.

I am just wondering is it a must to have the Wireless adapter or not? Also is it really those two adapters that are supported by Mindstorm?

Please realize im not trying to be cheap, but its just i need to order it on ebay and that could take a week, and i'd rather start using my Ev3 right now if i can.

Thanks!
Rkandana
New User

Re: Compatible Wireless Adapter

Postby gloomyandy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:43 am

You should be able to use a USB cable, this will show up on your PC as a network adaptor. If all goes well you should be able to ssh/telnet to an address like 10.0.1.1. You can also do something similar using a Bluetooth PAN network. There is currently no user documentation for using these features. The USB option should "just work" but if it doesn't you are on your own, it is too hard to debug network issues in a forum. If using Windows make sure you allow a few minutes for the USB network connection to establish IP addresses etc. before you try and connect.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to EV3 Hardware