Problem with BTSend

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Problem with BTSend

Postby tiger89 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:53 am

Hi, I have little bit problem with project BTSend. When I try to run it it shows me error like this:

Native Library intelbth_x64 not available
Native Library bluecove_x64 not available
BTSend Log.listener: Error: Exception connecting to NXT.
BTSend Log.listener: Caused by lejos.pc.comm.NXTCommException: Open of NXT failed.
BTSend Log.listener: at lejos.pc.comm.NXTCommBluecove.open(NXTCommBluecove.java:136)
BTSend Log.listener: Caused by javax.bluetooth.BluetoothStateException: BlueCove libraries not available
BTSend Log.listener: at com.intel.bluetooth.BlueCoveImpl.createDetectorOnWindows(BlueCoveImpl.java:896)
BTSend Log.listener: Failed to connect to any NXT
Failed to connect to any NXT

Can you help me with that?
tiger89
New User

Re: Problem with BTSend

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:01 pm

When asking for help, the more you tell us the more likely it is you will get the help you want...
What version of leJOS?
What system are you running this on (Windows/Mac/Linux)?
What version of Java are you using?
What exactly is the command line you used to start the program?
What else have you used Bluetooth for, can you use it do download code to the NXT?
What happens if you run nxtbrowse with the NXT turned on but not connected via USB?

Looking at the error you get I would say that you are not using a 32 bit version of Java, but it is hard to be sure...
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby tiger89 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:39 pm

gloomyandy wrote:When asking for help, the more you tell us the more likely it is you will get the help you want...
What version of leJOS?
What system are you running this on (Windows/Mac/Linux)?
What version of Java are you using?
What exactly is the command line you used to start the program?
What else have you used Bluetooth for, can you use it do download code to the NXT?
What happens if you run nxtbrowse with the NXT turned on but not connected via USB?

Looking at the error you get I would say that you are not using a 32 bit version of Java, but it is hard to be sure...

I'm using leJos 0.9.1
Windows 8 - 64bit
I have Java for 32bit and for 64bit too
I'm using Eclipse 32bit
I use Bluetooth for uploading programs to NXT without problems - nxt samples. But in this project (pc sample) it showed me this error.
Bluetooth in NXT and in my ntb is OK.
tiger89
New User

Postby skoehler » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:56 pm

Since the error message is, that the bluecove library can't be found, my best guess would be, that even though you're using Eclipse 32 Bit, you're launching BTSend with a 64Bit JRE/JDK.
So check your Eclipse preferences, and remove any 64Bit JRE/JDK from the Installed JRE list in Eclipse.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby tiger89 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:44 pm

skoehler wrote:Since the error message is, that the bluecove library can't be found, my best guess would be, that even though you're using Eclipse 32 Bit, you're launching BTSend with a 64Bit JRE/JDK.
So check your Eclipse preferences, and remove any 64Bit JRE/JDK from the Installed JRE list in Eclipse.

Wow... thanks a lot. It helped. I looked at preferences and saw, that there was chosen directory of 64bit Java in installed, so I changed it and now it's working ;) thanks a lot.
tiger89
New User

Return to NXJ Projects