I've just switched back to a clean install of 0.85 and can't see any problem. I tried 3 different Ultrasonic sensors and they all worked fine. There was a bug with sensor
ports in 0.85 that prevented the Ultrasonic sensor
from working on port 4. Can I suggest that you try the following....
1. Open up a command shell.
2. cd into the leJOSNXJProjects\samples\SonicTest directory.
3. Compile it with nxjc SonicTest.java
4. Turn on your NXT and connect it using USB
5. Plug the Ultrasonic sensor
into port 1
6. Run the test program using nxj -r SonicTest
7. Point the sensor
at a flat surface (like a computer screen) approx 30cm away.
8. Check the display, what do you get? You should see details of the sensor
version and type, followed by the distance to the screen.
If the above does not work you may wish to try the following...
1. Rename your existing leJOS classes.jar
file as classes.rel. On a Windows PC this is located in c:\program files\lejosNXJ\lib
2. Download the updated classes.jar
2. Copy this file to your leJOS install (c:\program files\lejosNXJ\lib\clases.jar).
3. Recompile your test program with nxjc SonicTest.java
4. Turn on your NXT
5. Run the program nxj -r SonicTest
6. Test again as above?
Let me know what happens...
If the new classes.jar
seems to work, you should probably replace the one in the directory in your home dir:
Hope this helps