eclipse content assist shows arg0, arg1, ...,argN

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

eclipse content assist shows arg0, arg1, ...,argN

Postby j0hn mandrake » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Hello,

I'm pretty new to LeJOS and have just installed it together with eclipse and the LeJOS eclipse plugin. Now I started programming and realized, that the content assist, which would normally be pretty helpful, just shows something like drawString(String arg0,int arg1,int arg2), which isnt helping me much. I found out in some other forums that it has something to do with the source files, but I couldnt quite understand it. Would be nice if someone could explain me, what I have to do, to show the real argument names.

Thanks

j0hn mandrake
Last edited by j0hn mandrake on Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
j0hn mandrake
New User

Re: eclipse content assist shows arg0, arg1, ...,argN

Postby j0hn mandrake » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:25 pm

Ok, I solved the problem myself, I had to put in the classes folder in the Java source attachment of the classes.jar
j0hn mandrake
New User

Re: eclipse content assist shows arg0, arg1, ...,argN

Postby j0hn mandrake » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:55 pm

ok, now thats weird and somehow I really dont understand my LeJOS anymore. Until the time I posted the message that I solved it, it still did work. But now it again just shows arg0,... As a source for the classes.jar I've got C:/Users/<username>/leJOSNXJProjects/classes and it also says that in the properties of classes.jar. But still if I leave my cursor on a method for a few secs or if I open the content assist, it says no source file attached. What the hell is happening??? :evil: :evil: :evil:

I would appreciate any help
j0hn mandrake
New User

Return to NXJ Software