Eclipse "Please use the 'Run As' menu"

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Eclipse "Please use the 'Run As' menu"

Postby Flynn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi :) I just switched to leJOS from ROS (The ROS NXT stack was not sending sensory and motor data properly). So far I am impressed by what this system can do, however I am running into a rather strange issue.

Following the tutorial here: http://lejos.sourceforge.net/nxt/nxj/tutorial/Preliminaries/UsingEclipse.htm, I am trying to use the LeJOS plugin to upload BlueStats to my NXT.

As in the words of the tutorial:

When you are ready to upload your program to the brick, right-click on your main program and select "Upload Program to the NXT Brick".

I right click on BlueStats.java, Go to the leJOS NXJ drop down, and click "Link and Upload Program to the NXT Brick".

However, instead of a progress indicator coming up, I am instead treated to the very obscure message:
Please use the 'Run As' menu
with nothing but an OK button.

I am very confused as to why this is happening, can anyone please explain? I am on a Mac if it helps at all, and I have successfully compiled using the ANT script. I am most definitely using the latest version. (Though I am not using the NXT 2.0, I am using the first generation of NXT brick, but with the leJOS firmware on it)
Flynn
New User

Re: Eclipse "Please use the 'Run As' menu"

Postby Flynn » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Never mind haha. I tried it on a project that I made and converted to a leJOS project, and in Run As menu, low and behold, was a "Run as leJOS NXT program" You guys need to update your sample projects I think. I had to include the -d32 parameter on one of your PCsamples projects. It's not fatal, but definitely daunting for beginners like myself.
Flynn
New User

Return to NXJ Software