Eclipse: NXTMotor cannot be resolved to a type

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Eclipse: NXTMotor cannot be resolved to a type

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:59 am

Hi :) It's late, I've spent hours on this, I'm starting to hear things, so I am rushing to go to sleep. You probably can guess I am pretty tired, so if what I write does not make sense, I am happy to clarify in the morning...

I am trying to create a line following robot. I feel that due to the nature of this robot, I should be using unregulated motors. The tutorials suggest the NXTMotor class. I am trying to use this in my code:

Code: Select all
public NXTMotor A;

However, that code is giving me the error:

NXTMotor cannot be resolved to a type

which is very frustrating. Have the NXT classes changed over time, and the online tutorials and API not changed to reflect this? If so, what is the appropriate class to use? Thankyou! Goodbye.

I really must sleep now, I am getting freaked out, during this typing saw a light orb in the window, when I looked up, was't there, and I am here loud thumpy noises...
Flynn
New User

Re: Eclipse: NXTMotor cannot be resolved to a type

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:35 pm

I don't know how ,but downloading 0_9_0 beta DIRECTLY instead of clicking the "latest version" button seems to have downloaded a completely different classes.jar which contains the missing class. Works fine now!
Flynn
New User

Re: Eclipse: NXTMotor cannot be resolved to a type

Postby s.frings » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:15 pm

I use Motorport.A methods when I do not need regulation.
s.frings
Active User

Return to NXJ Software