NEW USER Issues With Uploading to NXT Brick

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

NEW USER Issues With Uploading to NXT Brick

Postby RossGamble » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi

I have just started my first year at university and I am using the NXT Robots for a module. I have decided to try and make some of my own little routines for them and I would like to be able to upload the results to the NXT brick.

On my machine I am running Ubuntu 11.10
I have installed the leJOS documents and installed the Eclipse plugin.

I have made a small routine and I dont get any code errors. The problem is when I go to upload the project to the brick.
I go to Run>Run Config.> choose the class I want to run > tick the "Run after Upload" then press Run.

It compiles it then after that, when it goes to upload it to the brick, it says "cannot find NXT...etc."

The brick is switched on and plugged into a USB port.

Any help would be very grateful. If you need me to expand on something I am frequently available, as a student :wink:

Much appreciated

Ross
RossGamble
New User

Re: NEW USER Issues With Uploading to NXT Brick

Postby s.frings » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Regular users do not have write permission to the USB device. You can run the file transfer program as root or change the device permissions (by creating an /etc/udev config file). Also many people reported that the USB connection does not work with 64bit java, so use a 32bit java version instead or use a Bluetooth interface.
s.frings
Active User

Postby skoehler » Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:34 pm

s.frings wrote:Also many people reported that the USB connection does not work with 64bit java, so use a 32bit java version instead or use a Bluetooth interface.

USB works on 64Bit Linux just fine - for several years now. Please report the problem, if it doesn't work for you.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby s.frings » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:16 am

I never tried the USB interface myself because bluetooth works fine for me.
s.frings
Active User

Return to NXJ Software