Bluetooth error

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Bluetooth error

Postby projectgoodguy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi. I am fairy new to Lejos and NXT and I am having problem downloading programs to NXT brick through bluetooth. I am running Ubuntu 32 bits. I tested bluetooth connection using l2ping and it my brick can send message back to my computer, so I guess that means a connection is established. The error I got from eclipse is:
Code: Select all
program has been linked successfully
uploading ...
leJOS NXJ> Using Bluetooth device with address = 00:16:53:06:C1:93
leJOS NXJ> Exception in open: Open of null failed: BlueCove library bluecove not available
leJOS NXJ> Failed to connect to any NXT
No NXT found - is it switched on and plugged in (for USB)?
uploading the program failed with exit status 1

I tried a lot of stuff with bluecove. But I am sure bluecove and bluecove-gpl are in my build path. I also tried to download bluecove from the official website and add them to my build path with no luck.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I have been trying to solve this problem for the past few days.
projectgoodguy
New User

Re: Bluetooth error

Postby skoehler » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:24 pm

Which leJOS version, which OS, 32 or 64Bit Java virtual machine?
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby projectgoodguy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:37 pm

Lejos version 0.9.0
OS Ubuntu 32bits
JVM 32 bits

java version "1.6.0_22"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.10.2) (6b22-1.10.2-0ubuntu1~11.04.1)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)

btw I can use USB to send and recieve data just fine, but eclipse is complaining about the bluecove library for BT.
projectgoodguy
New User

Postby projectgoodguy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:02 pm

Finally solved my problems. For those who are interested, if you are linking to a specific NXT brick, you need to specify the address and the name. Once I entered my brick's name through eclipse plugin, the program uploaded like a charm. For some reason though if mine doesn't work if you don't specify the name and address.
projectgoodguy
New User

Postby skoehler » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:03 pm

I can't reproduce the exact error. But nxjupload simply fails for me when only specifying the address and not the name.
I'll have a look at that when I get the chance!
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby ekinnear » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:30 pm

I have the same problem!

On the NXT when I go to bluetooth devices, it says no known devices, yet the Bluetooth will
upload when I specify the address and name of the NXT in the Eclipse plugin, yet only select
connect via bluetooth.

Also, this is WinXP and with this same system (without Eclipse) I was able to use a NXT 1.0 without
any issues until the screen failed and I had to get a new one.

It used to just pair just fine and now I pair it and the computer thinks it paired but the NXT says no known
devices. And if I try to pair from the NXT side, it says UNSUCCESSFUL every time, even if the computer pops
up and I put in the passkey.

It works if I specify both address and name in Eclipse, though. Even without the NXT thinking that it's paired.
ekinnear
New User

Postby skoehler » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:05 pm

Delete the entry for the NXT on the PC. Then try to run an upload again, and Windows and the NXT should establish a new pairing.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby ekinnear » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 pm

I did that, it popped up with the balloon saying the NXT wants to connect to the PC so I typed in 1234, it worked, uploaded, ran, all fine.

However, when I go to Devices under the bluetooth menu on the NXT I still see no known devices.

Any ideas?
The old NXT worked just fine with this computer and dongle (the one sold by LEGO, I gave up trying to get the other ones to work).
ekinnear
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:40 am

So what exactly is your problem? Why does not having the PC in the list of known devices on the NXT matter? What it is that you want to do that you are unable to do?
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software