cant get NXJ browse to work via bloutooth

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

cant get NXJ browse to work via bloutooth

Postby lars00.brat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:52 am

Hello

I have a problem with the nxt and NXJ browse via blouetooth, It seems that i cant connect to my Nxt via bluetooth using NXJ browse. I get the following message when i run NXJ Browse in eclipse

leJOS NXJ> Searching for any NXT using Bluetooth inquiry
leJOS NXJ> Search Failed: com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackToshiba.getLibraryVersion()I
leJOS NXJ> Failed to find any NXTs
No NXT found - is it switched on and plugged in (for USB)?

What I have done:
Paired the NXT with my computer.
Got it to work via the Usb-cabel(so it works via the usb-cabel, but not via bluetooth).
Deleted Nxj.cache.
Rebooted my computer.

The pairing works all fine and it works to remote controll it via a program called nxtRemote, but when i try to run NXJ browse via bluetooth in eclipse, it does not work.

Lars Eric
lars00.brat
New User

Re: cant get NXJ browse to work via bloutooth

Postby skoehler » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:20 am

lars00.brat wrote:Hello

I have a problem with the nxt and NXJ browse via blouetooth, It seems that i cant connect to my Nxt via bluetooth using NXJ browse. I get the following message when i run NXJ Browse in eclipse

How do you run nxjbrowse in eclipse? Have you tried running it from the command line? Also please try updating your plug-in to the latest version, which was uploaded a few hours ago.
And which version of leJOS are you using. I assume it's 0.9.0?

lars00.brat wrote:leJOS NXJ> Searching for any NXT using Bluetooth inquiry
leJOS NXJ> Search Failed: com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackToshiba.getLibraryVersion()I
leJOS NXJ> Failed to find any NXTs
No NXT found - is it switched on and plugged in (for USB)?

Oh dear oh dear - it seems like you're using the toshiba bluetooth stack. I know that the microsoft and the WIDCOMM stacks are working nicely. There are many troubles with Bluesoleil - and maybe Toshiba is another one which causes trouble.

The full error is most like a java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackToshiba.getLibraryVersion()I
It might a problem with bluecove that we can do nothing about.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby lars00.brat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:20 am

Thanks for your reply skoehler.

How do I run nxjbrowse in eclipse?
Im adding an external tool in eclipse and running it from the run>external tool menu.

Is it possible to run NXJ browse from the commandline in windows?

I will try to innstall the newest package becuse i have 0.9.0. I will give feedback in a few secs.

Regards Lars
lars00.brat
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:34 am

Yes you can run nxjbrowse from the command line...

It looks to me as if the problem is likely to be the Toshiba Bluetooth stack... If possible I would try switching to use the MS stack... See the following...
http://huestones.co.uk/node/69

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby lars00.brat » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Thank you wery much andy.

It worked i changed it from toshibas stack to windows stack. i just followed the instructions in the link you sendt me.

Regards

Lars
lars00.brat
New User

Return to NXJ Software