mapping

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

mapping

Postby NXTUser » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:55 am

I am trying to map by ussing the mapcommand.bat file,however there is not this file in the lejos,can anyone tell me where can find this file?
NXTUser
New User

Re: mapping

Postby skoehler » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:01 pm

the latest snapshot contains a file called nxjmapcommand.bat

http://lejos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc ... pshot/bin/
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby NXTUser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:27 am

skoehler wrote:the latest snapshot contains a file called nxjmapcommand.bat

http://lejos.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc ... pshot/bin/

Thank you very much
NXTUser
New User

Postby lin54390 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Hi there,

I'm also currently trying out the mapping on the NXT and I wanted to know if it was possible to create a map on the PC and then upload and use that map on the NXT (independent from the PC). I have tried using the SVG map file onto the NXT (this was done by putting the SVG file onto the DataInputStream and then loading the map from the DataInputStream). However, this returned an error on the NXT (exception 3). Is there any other way of loading a PC-made map onto the NXT to use for navigation/pathfinding?

Thanks!
lin54390
New User

Postby benjamin7 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi,

since I am using Linux I need the shell script for mapcommand, not the batch file. However, the snapshots only contain batch files. Is it possible to get the shell script 'mapcommand.sh'? If not, is there an easy way to convert the batch file into a shell script or do I just have to wait for the next release of lejos?

Thanks!
benjamin7
New User

Postby skoehler » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:38 pm

Checkout trunk/scripts from SVN, and use ant to build the scripts. The nxjmapcommand shell scripts is included.
Or simply take the script nxjbrowse, and in the last line replace lejos.pc.tools.NXJBrowser with lejos.pc.tools.NXJMapCommand
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby benjamin7 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Building the scripts with ant worked fine. Now I can try the map examples in chapter 13 of my copy of Intelligence Unleashed. Thank you very much!
benjamin7
New User

Return to NXJ Software