NXT Flash??

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

NXT Flash??

Postby edacleinad » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:39 am

Hello all, new member here. I have done some coding in Java, but all on PC's - not on limited memory machines.

Anyhow, that is besides the point. I am running the installer for leJOS, and it requires me to flash the leJOS firmware onto the brick. My question is: can this be reversed? once done, is my NXT less capable (ie, can't use the GUI that came with it)? or is leJOS an addition to the Lego NXT firmware, and includes all original features?

Thanks for answering my questions, this is a really cool project.

-Edac
edacleinad
New User

Re: NXT Flash??

Postby Hazem » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:49 am

The firmware will replace the one that came with your original nxt but you can easily return the original firmware back using the lego nxt software that came with the kit

Hoe to return it back process:-
Go to tools menu (in the software that came with the kit) then chose update firmware then continue the process and your original micro operating systems is back

you have to be careful that all your compiled codes in the nxt will be removed by flushing the firmware (either from original to lejos or vice verse)

Good luck
Hazem
New User

Re: NXT Flash??

Postby skoehler » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:31 am

Also, nxjflash (the command line tool, not the GUI) now has support for flashing the lego firmware. The command line syntax is "nxjflash -b <path to uncompressed lego firmware file>"
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software