Trouble with NXJ files

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Trouble with NXJ files

Postby Calvinman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:24 am

I'm having a lot of trouble getting the NXJ java files to work. I have downloaded JDK 7u2 and NXJ 0.9.0beta. I set up the system environment variables and installed the programs. I got to the part in the leJOS tutorial where it tells you to open up a command prompt in order to compile the View.java file, but it told me that it had some deprecated API. I opened up the file in Eclipse, and the deprecated method in question was the readValue() method which I replaced with getLightValue(). However, there are several other files in the NXJ projects that won't work for various reasons. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem when they first downloaded NXJ or opened up the default projects.
Calvinman
New User

Re: Trouble with NXJ files

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:01 am

All of the sample file should compile and run (assuming you have the correct sensors etc). Some may generate warnings because we may not have got around to updating them just yet. So other than warnings are you seeing any other problems. If so then please post all of the details when asking for help...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software