Odd output on NXT Display

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Odd output on NXT Display

Postby RJThomas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:52 am

Hello,
My NXT has recently started to display some weird output when I terminate the program running on it. For example, it has just output
1R 368 369 370
3W 410 411 52
4W 410 65
5S 398 69
2W 410 411 144

I am using RConsole on Scientific Linux to catch output whilst the program is running. The only thing that has changed is I have started to use a ColorSensorHT on the robot to detect lines on a grid. I have already reflashed the NXT twice to 0.9.0-Beta, as some of my programs don't work nicely with 0.9.1.

Has anyone had this issue before/know of any solutions???

Many Thanks

Rich
RJThomas
New User

Re: Odd output on NXT Display

Postby skoehler » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:57 am

Wait for Andy to confirm, but it kind of looks like a data abort - you might have hit a firmware bug in 0.9.0.

What problems did you have with 0.9.1 - there might be a chance that the issue is already fixed in 0.9.1.
Also, if there were serious problem with 0.9.1, you should report them so that we can fix them.

Also, old versions (like 0.9.0) are kind of unsupported. We won't supply you with a patched 0.9.0.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby RJThomas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. The reason I haven't yet upgraded to 0.9.1 was because of deprecated and methods I used which were no longer used in 0.9.1, and with the level of code involved for my Undergraduate work, I didn't have the time to update all my code to utilise the new methods. Another reason was due to the number of failed flashes a few of my friends had, which bricked their units.

Many Thanks

Rich
RJThomas
New User

Postby skoehler » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:51 pm

RJThomas wrote:Another reason was due to the number of failed flashes a few of my friends had, which bricked their units.

You probably know that already, but you just have to push that reset button for four seconds to recover the brick.
What exactly failed during flashing?
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby RJThomas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:54 pm

Hiya - following a 'successful' flash, the NXT's were not detected by the machines, and could not be found either over the USB connection or Bluetooth.

Many Thanks

Rich
RJThomas
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:03 pm

The original output you quoted is from the debug monitor. It is not a data abort. Looks like you linked your program in debug mode. What is being shown is the state of the various threads and a short stack trace for each. Pressing enter+escape again should reboot the NXT back to the normal menu. See the tutorials for details of the debug monitor...

No idea what is going on with your NXT after you flashed it sorry...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby RJThomas » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi Andy - I've just checked my leJOS settings in Eclipse, and I am not linking in debug mode - is there another location to verify whether this feature is enabled?

Many Thanks

Rich
RJThomas
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:26 pm

The debug monitor is enabled via a linker option -g or --debug, it may also get activated in a subset form via -gr or --remotedebug but I'm not 100% sure. Sorry I'm away working at the moment so can't check this stuff any further...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software