Data abort error - Completely stuck!

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Data abort error - Completely stuck!

Postby matsf86 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:23 pm

Hello.

My NXJ refuses to execute applications properly. I get an error message like this:

Data abort
PC 00103590
AASR E59FF01A
ASR 00020101

The same error occurs on all crashes, even with the sample source code that came with the lejos download package.
Even this simple code will not work:

import lejos.nxt.*;

class Robot {
public static void main(String[] args) {
LCD.drawString("TestRobot",0,0);
LCD.refresh();
}
}

Then it hangs and I have to reinsert the battery. I have no clue what this means... I've googled without any luck (well, I read about som guys with the same error but they just "solved" it with getting a new NXJ brick) and I've also tried with anorther version of the firmware (both 0.4beta and 0.3alpha).

I'd be very happy for any tips or solutions!

Mats
matsf86
New User

Postby inm8 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:48 am

My NXT started giving me the exact same error message yesterday. The strange thing is that it would run any programs that had been uploaded before the point where it crashed, but after that all uploaded programs would result in the error message being displayed.

Luckily I managed to fix the problem by reinstalling the Lejos firmware. Maybe you should try doing that again?
inm8
New User

Postby matsf86 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:55 am

Sorry, already tried that. I have reinstalled the lejos 0.4beta firmware three times, and one time with 0.3alpha. And always the same result. This is so weird....
matsf86
New User

Postby lawrie » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14 am

The problem is probably that your flash memory is full and that only part of your new program is being uploaded. Delete some programs and run Defrag from the System menu.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software