nxt bluetooth connection

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

nxt bluetooth connection

Postby Adrianne » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the bluetooth connection and NXT, I create a project in eclipse and when I try to send to the NXT error and the project does not run the same thing happens when I try to connect through USB.

This is an important part of my project and I've tried everything to resolve.

If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. :)
Adrianne
New User

Re: nxt bluetooth connection

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

A few points which will make it much easier for you to get help here:

Please post in the correct part of the forum, many users will only look at certain sections, not many people look in the forum/web site section (which was the place you originally posted).

If you want help, please make it easy for people to help you by providing as much information as you can. Your project may be important to you, but it is not important at all to other forum users, so the easier you make it for people to help you the more likely it is that they will be prepared to give up their time to help you.

We need to know more about your setup to be able to help.
1. What version of leJOS?
2. What operating system? Is it 32bit or 64bit
3. Do you have the Lego software installed?
4. What version of Eclipse are you using and do you have the leJOS plugin installed, if so what version.
5. Have you installed leJOS on the NXT? Did you use the same system to flash the NXT, did that work?
6. What exactly are you doing, and what error messages are displayed.

Note that nn Windows/Mac you must be using a 32bit JRE *and* a 32bit version of Eclipse. Have you read the section of the tutorial about setting up leJOS? If not please take a look:
http://www.lejos.org/nxt/nxj/tutorial/P ... tarted.htm
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby Adrianne » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Sorry, but I thought this was the right part of the forum

Well, the version of lejos I use is 0.9.1, the operecional system is windows xp 32 bit version of eclipse is - Eclipse for Java Developers 4.3.0, the version of the plugin is installed in Eclipse 0.9.0 and this in NXT and lejos version is 0.9.1

The problem is that when I try to send a project via bluetooth to the NXT, the message connecting but the project is not sent, the same thing happens when I try to send via USB. And already read this tutorial.
Adrianne
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Hi,
This is the correct part of the forum, your original post was in the "Web site and forum" section.

As I said before the more you tell us the more likely that someone can help so please take some time to answer all of the questions in my previous post (do you have leJOS installed on the NXT? Have you got the Lego software installed, how did you flash the firmware etc.). Also please provide details of exactly what you are doing to "send a project by Bluetooth" and what messages get displayed and what happens when you do this.

I assume you have paired your NXT with your PC?

What happens if you run the nxjbrowse command from the Windows command line.

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby Adrianne » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:54 pm

Hi,
I do not quite understand your last question: "Have you got the Lego software installed, how did you flash the firmware". When I create some code in eclipse to run on NXT, I try to send pro NXT via bluetooth, but a message pops up on my computer saying that "the file was not uploaded", so I try to do this uasando a USB connection but it appears the same when I try to send messages via bluetooth. Messages that appear are these: "at com.intel.bluetooth.BluetoothStackBlueSoleil.initialize (BluetoothStackBlueSoleil.java: 88)
Lejos NXJ> Failed to find any NXTs
Lejos NXJ> Failed to connect to any NXT
In NXT found - is it switched on and plugged in (for USB)?
uploading the program failed with exit status 1 ".

And the NXT is always emparellhado with my PC. I had not yet tried your last suggestion.

Adrianne
Adrianne
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:41 pm

Have you installed the standard Lego Mindstorms software on your PC and if so can you use this to talk to the NXT. The standard Lego software will install a set of drivers needed to talk to your NXT via USB. If you do not have these drivers installed then you will not be able to talk to the NXT via USB.

Have you flashed the leJOS firmware on the NXT? When you turn on the NXT what is displayed on the screen?

It looks like you are using the BlueSoleil Bluetooth stack. There are a number of reports that this does not work with the NXT. Search this forum for Bluesoleil to see the details.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby Adrianne » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:14 pm

As well: "Have you flashed the firmware Lejos on the NXT?" When I turn on the NXT appear on "Lejos 0.9.1 screen.

What bluetooth software u recommend me?
Adrianne
New User

Postby ahstrickland » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 am

Guys could I ask a similar question? No problems connecting the NXT to my Windows 7 machine using the latest Lego firmware. I can remote control the NXT via bluetooth perfectly using the Mindstorms software.

I cannot pair the NXT to the Windows machine using bluetooth after I flash the NXJ firmware. No problems with the USB connection, it works perfectly, the issue is the bluetooth connection.

The version of lejos I use is 0.9.1, the OS is Win7 64 bit but the 32 bit JDK and Eclipse is installed and works fine via USB. Lego software is installed and works fine. Eclipse version is:
Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Version: Kepler Service Release 1
Build id: 20130919-0819.

The latest Lejos plugin is installed. NXT flashed fine via USB.

The NXT keeps telling me that I have been unsuccessful though the NXT seems to be recognised by Windows - though I am not sure how to test this exactly.

I have wasted many hours on this. Can anyone help me? Many thanks in anticipation!
ahstrickland
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:42 am

Have you paired the NXT with Windows from Windows? Can you connect to the NXT via Bluetooth from the Lego software (with the leJOS firmware installed)? You should be able to do this. What Bluetooth address is the Lego software using (it should be a hex number). Can you connect to the NXT using nxjbrowse from the command line? What errors do you get when you try to connect.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software