Receive data and using it

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Receive data and using it

Postby Tazkill » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:42 am

Hi,

I am new on this and sorry for the silly questions. I am using java leJOS on my NXT and trying to receive some bytes on it and after that using them but I don't know how to do it. I thought that the order "getData" could fit for me but, after search it on the API I showed that it only returns an INT with the state of the operation. Could you please tell me which order I should use for obtaining the bytes that I have to receive and storage them on something similar to an array?
And I don't understand very well what parameters should I pass in case of using "getData", could you explain them too?

Thank you very much.
Tazkill
New User

Re: Receive data and using it

Postby gloomyandy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:55 am

I think you need to tell us a little more about what it is you are trying to do before we can help you. What is it you are trying to receive bytes from? Which classes are you looking at that have a getData method? Probably best to start right at the beginning and tell us about your project, how you would like it to work, what you have done so far, what works and what doesn't.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software