Beginner

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Beginner

Postby liviez » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:13 pm

Hello everybody.

I'm spanish developer and maybe my english is not very correct. Sorry for this.

I'm a member of robotics development group in Rey Juan Carlos University. We develop in C language all our applications. I want to write an application in C that allows to control the NXT through the bluetooth protocol but I don't know how to do this.

can anybody explain to me several steps or any information to start programming?

Thanks in advance
liviez
New User

Postby CoBB » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:52 pm

Well, I have a fully working solution for BlueZ (under Linux), which is very simple. I made a firmware that can receive simple commands over the air (most of them concerned with controlling the motors), and it continuously sends back sensor readings (supporting RGB readings for the colour sensor and single shot mode for the ultrasonic sensor). The PC side is a tiny C program that most likely can be easily adapted to other bluetooth libraries, e.g. Bluecove if you use Windows.

If you or anyone else is interested in this particular solution, just send a PM. If it matures a bit, I could throw together a public version too.
CoBB
Novice

Postby bbagnall » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:56 pm

Liviez, you want to use something like Bricxcc (NXC), which is a C language environment for the regular firmware. You can find it here:
http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/
bbagnall
Site Admin

Return to NXJ Software