IR Seeker?

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

IR Seeker?

Postby Xpyd3r » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:57 pm

Any info on if and when class files for HiTechnic IR seeker is Coming out? Please and Thanks :-)
Xpyd3r
Novice

Postby lawrie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:26 pm

I don't know of a leJOS developer who has one, so we haven't written a class yet.

You can use one of the existing I2C sensor classes to read the data. ColorSensor looks quite close: getColorNumber will return the direction, getRed() will get the signal 1 strength etc.

You could easily write your own class by copying ColorSensor, renaming the existing methods and adding 2 more for sensor 4 and 5. Or better write a getSensorValue method that takes the sensor number (1-5) as a parameter.

I have added an untested IRSeeker class to Subversion, so it will be in the next release.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby Xpyd3r » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:32 pm

and in the next release you would have I2C on port 4 as well correct?
When is the predicted release for the new version?
Xpyd3r
Novice

Postby lawrie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:09 pm

There has been a lot added to leJOS lately (I2C writes and port 4 support, faster LCD refreshes, garbage collector, Motor and Navigator improvements, support for more I2C devices, Eclipse plugin, RCX comms, remote monitoring and tracing, Bluetooth improvements, LCP enhancements) and it is taking a while to test it and get it stable. There are also quite a lot of bugs to fix and enhancement requests to deal with. At the same time, a major rewrite of Bluetooth support is being done.

I had intended to release it about now, but it may be delayed a bit.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby Xpyd3r » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:29 pm

do you have an estimate of how much longer until released by chance?
Xpyd3r
Novice

Postby bbagnall » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:15 pm

It could be any time but just off the top of my head, the end of January would seem like the latest. Probably before then.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Return to NXJ Software