lejosfirmdl "Nxt not found" (windows)

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

lejosfirmdl "Nxt not found" (windows)

Postby pEhrlich » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Hi

I'm trying to put the lejos firmware onto a nxt, but am getting nowhere. I have the nxt reset, it shows up in the device manager correctly (Firmware Update Mode), and I believe all the software is installed correctly: JRE 6 update 3, the lego usb driver, and libusb.

I have tried with two different bricks on the same computer, both get the same error. Is there a way to do this on mac yet?

Here is the error:
lejosfirmdl
NXJ_HOME is C:\java\lejos_nxj
Setting fmcn to 50
Checking VM C:\java\lejos_nxj/bin/lejos_nxt_rom.bin ... VM OK.
Checking Menu C:\java\lejos_nxj/bin/StartUpText.bin ... Menu OK.
NXT not found. Is it properly plugged in via USB?

Thanks!
pEhrlich
Advanced Member

Postby 99jonathan » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:06 am

First, see if your normal legos mindstorms software can find the brick. If it can, then your problem is with libusb. I had to install it twice to get it to work. Otherwise, your problem will be a lot harder to nail down. Remember to install libusb in a directory with no spaces!
99jonathan

Postby jvance » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:02 pm

Libusb is a pain in the neck(it did something to my computer),but my pc still runs ok. I would install it again, but you don't call lejofirmdl, you call nxjflash. Maybe this will work...
jvance
New User

Postby kirkpthompson » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:08 am

Make sure Libusb is installed in a directory with NO spaces in the path.
kirkpthompson
leJOS Team Member

Postby pEhrlich » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:34 pm

kirkpthompson wrote:Make sure Libusb is installed in a directory with NO spaces in the path.

bingo! success!
pEhrlich
Advanced Member

LibUSB 1.12.xxx

Postby clhunter » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:01 pm

I have found on both XP and Vista machines that 1.12 version of LibUSB will not detect the brick. I had to use a previous version of LibUSB like 1.10. Once I uninstalled 1.12 and installed a previous version it detected the brick without a problem.

Hope this helps. Also if you have Vista make sure you install with windows compatibility mode enabled on the install exe. Otherwise you will be learning the beauty of restore points.
Where there is code there is code
clhunter
New User

Return to NXJ Software