compassNavigator questions

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

compassNavigator questions

Postby nat1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:10 pm

hi

Could someone give me some instructions on how to use the CompassNavigator? When I try and use the navigator the robot freaks out and does worse then with the TachnoNavigator. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Nat
nat1
Novice

Postby gloomyandy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi Nat,
So what exactly does it do? A couple of things to check. Have you got the direction stuff set up properly (if the robot turns the wrong way then that will make the compass error even bigger!). Also try to mount the sensor as far away as possible from the motors and try to make sure it is level...

Good luck

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby nat1 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:06 pm

hi

I have the compass set away from the motors and nxt far enough and level. What happens is the robot takes off normally but then slows down to a crawl then it turns in all diffrent directions. I know the compass works but I thinks its how I'm setting up the navigator in my program thats causing the problems.
Thanks!

Nat
nat1
Novice

Postby nat1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:39 pm

I have nails in my floor. might they be messing with the compass? but there is a laminate floor over the nails.
Thanks!

Nat
nat1
Novice

Postby CoBB » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:43 pm

Even a little deviation from the horizontal alignment can seriously distort the readings of the compass. I’ve also had a lot of problems because of this.
CoBB
Novice

Return to NXJ Software