NXT Firmware and leJOS ?

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

NXT Firmware and leJOS ?

Postby Damian » Sat May 10, 2014 11:02 am

I had before version NXT Firmware version 0.9.1 and things worked but now my NXT Version is 1.28 and lejos code doesnt work ... I dont know what to do, maybe I can downgrade it but I borrowed the NXT and I have to return it back with Firmware 1.28, any ideas suggestions? Also what happens when I click on eclipse leJOS NXT -> "Upload Firmware" and the leJOS Button: "Downloads the firmware to the NXT brick" I think there is a problem in translation. Which button does what? What do I need to do to make my coded running because when I upload code to FW 1.28 it doesnt work.
Damian
New User

Re: NXT Firmware and leJOS ?

Postby gloomyandy » Sun May 11, 2014 2:28 am

1.28 is the Lego firmware not leJOS.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby skoehler » Sun May 11, 2014 10:26 am

Open a command prompt, and type "nxjflash". It should upload the leJOS firmware to the brick. If there is any error, let us know and post the output here. Before you give back the NXT brick back, you can put the Lego firmware back on the brick. The Lego firmware can also be uploaded to the brick via nxjflash.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby Damian » Wed May 14, 2014 9:18 am

I installed lejos firmware but when Im done how do I install 1.28 NXT firmaware back :(
Damian
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed May 14, 2014 1:40 pm

Use the standard Lego software that came with your NXT that has an option to download the Lego firmware. try googling "install Lego NXT firmware" there are lots of hits.
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby skoehler » Wed May 14, 2014 1:57 pm

It can also be done without the Lego software, namely using nxjflash. Download the firmware here: http://www.lego.com/en-us/mindstorms/do ... -firmware/
Extract the *.rfw file from the ZIP archive you have downloaded. Then on the command line run
Code: Select all
nxjflash -b "LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Firmware V1.31.rfw"
The command assumes that the *.rfw file is in the current working directory.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby Damian » Thu May 15, 2014 8:29 am

gloomyandy wrote:Use the standard Lego software that came with your NXT that has an option to download the Lego firmware. try googling "install Lego NXT firmware" there are lots of hits.

Installing 1.31 is piece of cake, the Lego software does it automatically but I want to install back 1.28 :( which I can't find on the internet.
Damian
New User

Return to NXJ Software