Getting an error trying to download a file onto brick.

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Getting an error trying to download a file onto brick.

Postby zaidzada » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:46 am

Hi, I'm new to LeJOS NXJ and NXTs in general. I successfully downloaded the latest leJOS version and was able to flash my NXT (I'm using a Mac running OS X 10.5.1). I compiled HelloWorld with nxjc and i typed
Code: Select all
 nxj -r HelloWorld

and i get this error:
Code: Select all
leJOS NXJ> Linking...
leJOS NXJ> Uploading...
leJOS NXJ> no jbluez in java.library.path
java(7417,0xb0801000) malloc: *** mmap(size=2961178624) failed (error code=12)
*** error: can't allocate region
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: requested -1333789084 bytes for jbyte in /SourceCache/HotSpot15/HotSpot15-119/src/share/vm/prims/jni.cpp. Out of swap space?
/Users/zaidzada/Desktop/lejos_nxj/bin/nxj: line 25:  7417 Abort trap              java -Djava.library.path="$NXJ_HOME/bin" -Dnxj.home="$NXJ_HOME" -classpath "$LINK_CLASSPATH" lejos.pc.tools.NXJLinkAndUpload --writeorder LE --classpath ".$SEP$NXJ_HOME/lib/classes.jar" "$@"
zaid:HelloWOrld zaidzada$ nxjbrowse
Invalid memory access of location 0000010a eip=005be901
/Users/zaidzada/Desktop/lejos_nxj/bin/nxjbrowse: line 22:  7421 Bus error               java -Djava.library.path="$NXJ_HOME/bin" -Dnxj.home="$NXJ_HOME" -classpath "$THIRDPARTY_LIBS/bcel-5.1.jar$SEP$THIRDPARTY_LIBS/commons-cli-1.0.jar$SEP$NXJ_HOME/lib/pctools.jar$SEP$NXJ_HOME/lib/pccomm.jar$SEP$NXJ_HOME/lib/jtools.jar" lejos.pc.tools.NXJBrowser "$@"

I appreciate any help and thanks for this wonderful software!
zaidzada
New User

Return to NXJ Software