After LibUSB installation all USB devices went DEAD!

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

After LibUSB installation all USB devices went DEAD!

Postby yongke » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:18 am

Hello everyone.

I was just merrily installing LibUSB from the leJOS package when suddenly, after a successful installation, all my USB devices went dead. That's my mouse and keyboard.

I can't uninstall it because there's no way for me to input anything. I tried to boot into safe mode. While my devices worked under BIOS, it stopped working right after window load the basic drivers, including in safe mode.

I am using window Vista, I assume this have something to do with it.

For the lord and all that is holy, if anyone know anything about this problem, please help!
yongke
New User

Postby PatrickLismore » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:58 pm

I dont know what could have went wrong ,

so if all your USB devices are dead you have no keyboard or mouse it would be wise to get hold of an original type mouse and keyboard get into to vista and get it uninstalled.

maybe some key USB Host controller drivers got corrupted or something dont really know the answer

look at all these USB items on my XP system any one of these things could be corrupted resulting in your USB devices not getting recognised you probably need to get in to the control panel and scan for hardware devices and hope vista is intelligent enough to know that what ever is damaged or missing can be fixed and give you some clue as to fix it.

PatrickLismore
Active User

Postby bbagnall » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Hi Yongke,

That's the well known libusb problem with Windows Vista. You can find some threads in the forums if you do a search. Basically it works if you right click on the libusb installer and select Run as... Windows XP or something like that.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby PatrickLismore » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:27 pm

Yes i have done that Mr Bagnall,

if you right click on the .EXE and go to properties you can select run as Windows XP and check the little box to run as Administrator .

Apply both and then run the installation
PatrickLismore
Active User

Postby yongke » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:54 am

Hi guys. Thanks for the reply. I did do some search and you are right, I sould have right click and select "RUN AS ADMIN". To fix this problem (for those who might be in the same shoe as me) is to boot into your vista CD, then choose recovery, and do a system restore to a point BEFORE you try to instal the driver.

All your USB devices still work while in BIOS because the driver had not been loaded yet. Boy, sure scared the heck out of me! Haha.
yongke
New User

Return to NXJ Software