Problems with iCommand (Strange ones)

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Problems with iCommand (Strange ones)

Postby Dzo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:35 pm

Ok... I have some kind of strange problem.

My iCommand works once from 20-30 tries. What I mean, is that after I launch test program (for example DistanceTest) it works fine for one time. After that, if I try to launch it once more, I get no errors, but program simply hangs on. I use windows, and my Bluetooth connection icon first becomes green, then after sometime white and program still hangs on. That is all! I get no errors.

I tried to do everything (closing eclipse, changing ports and so on), nothing helps, but vualja and it works once more. I try to launch it consequently after it worked, and nothing.

What the hell?
Dzo
New User

Postby PatrickLismore » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:41 pm

I dont really know what could be going wrong , what about your other bluetooth devices

Does anything strange happen when you try and send something from your phone to your pc via bluetooth,

which program are you running,

have your tried the

RemoteControl.java in the icommand samples folder its neat we program.
PatrickLismore
Active User

Postby bbagnall » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi Dzo,

You need to turn the NXT brick off and on after each try if you are using the standard LEGO firmware. It is annoying I agree. This is something I haven't been able to figure out yet. There's probably a solution out there somewhere but I haven't found it.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby Dzo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:20 pm

What do you mean under "standard LEGO firmware"?

I downloaded lejOS on my brick as described in book "Building robot with Java Brains"
Dzo
New User

Postby Dzo » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:42 pm

Turning brick on and off doesn't help. Still I need to wait ~30 secs after I turned off and back on my brick to work it properly.

ANNOYING!
Dzo
New User

Postby Dzo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:07 am

Tried to use lejOS.

My compilation goes ok, I get file with .class extension. For example, test.class. After that I try to use Download option. And get next error:

lejOS NXJ> Linking...
an error occurred: Class test.lej (file test/lej.class) not found in CLASSPATH .; C:\Program Files\Java\lejos_nxj\lib\classes.jar

In my project folder file test.lej.nxj is created and is 0 bytes in size.

What is wrong? I use eclipse.

Thank you!

P.S. I checked twice, all environment variables needed are created,added,edited.
Dzo
New User

Postby lawrie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:56 pm

How are you building and uploading your program in Eclipse. Are you using an Eclipse plug-in, external commands, or ant build files?

It looks as if you have something wrong with our Eclipse project. Is "test" a class or a folder? What is "lej".
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby PatrickLismore » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:07 pm

the path there has a space

:\Program Files\Java\lejos_nxj\lib\classes.jar

try unpacking lejos to C:\lejos_nxj

i have my eclipse folder inside

C:\ProgramFiles <<< no space

the eclipse workspace is

C:\programming <<< this is where all my eclispe projects reside when
<<< i create a new project in eclipse it creates the
<<< directory structure in this folder again no blank spaces

my Lejos is located

C:\lejos_nxj <<< no blankspaces

I will assume you have the JavaSE SDK installed

You have created the environment variables

JAVA_HOME
C:\java\jdk.1.6.02\

LEJOS_HOME
C:\lejos_nxj

NXJ_HOME
C:\lejos_nxj

and then added the %JAVA_HOME%;; and %LEJOS_HOME%; and %NXJ_HOME%; to the path variable

Those variables are all located in the System Variables section not the User variables section. In ,the user section of the environment variables i have a PATH variable and its value is

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\bin;C:\icommand\icommand\dist\icommand.jar

if you want you can download the ANT BUILD FILE that I use to compile and upload to the NXT instructions are included on how it is used. Its an xml file that you add to your projects.

http://www.newirelandcomputing.net/build.zip
PatrickLismore
Active User

Postby bbagnall » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:04 pm

Dzo wrote:What do you mean under "standard LEGO firmware"?

I downloaded lejOS on my brick as described in book "Building robot with Java Brains"

Lego firmware is the default menu system that Lego give you, right out of the box. The leJOS NXJ firmware is the menu system that has a big J when you first turn it on. I recommend leJOS NXJ for a number of reasons, among them that you don't have to turn the brick off after each iCommand program you run.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Return to NXJ Software