Motorola SLVR L7. Help please!

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Motorola SLVR L7. Help please!

Postby jsnhlbr5 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:14 am

Has anyone tried to connect a SLVR to the NXT with Bluetooth? I have been trying, but have not been successful.

My NXT is running leJOS, and I am using the Bluetooth menus on each device.

When I try to have the phone find the NXT, it does not show up. The NXT has Bluetooth on and is set to visible, and then I do a search for devices with the phone.

When I try to have the NXT connect to the phone, I have slightly more success. The NXT will find the phone and attempt to connect. It prompts for a PIN to use for this connection, then the phone prompts for the same PIN. As soon as I hit enter on the phone, the NXT says connection failed, while the phone says "PIN confirmed and stored." I have tried putting in a different PIN on the phone, and then it says "wrong PIN".

Has anyone successfully connected these two, or is it not possible with the SLVR?
Last edited by jsnhlbr5 on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jsnhlbr5
New User

Postby jsnhlbr5 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:24 am

Is it possible that I could get them to connect with each other inside of a Java program (One on each device), even if they will not connect from their respective menus?
jsnhlbr5
New User

Postby Shawn » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:49 am

jsnhlbr5 wrote:Is it possible that I could get them to connect with each other inside of a Java program (One on each device), even if they will not connect from their respective menus?

Yes, I think that may work. Have you tried the j2mesamples in the svn repository. I haven't myself but ... would try that route ...
Shawn
Advanced Member

Return to NXJ Projects