How Can I Detect If A Robot Is Stuck

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

How Can I Detect If A Robot Is Stuck

Postby win1for » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Hi Guys,

I would like to know how to detect if a robot get stuck whiles the Touch Sensor is still in released mode. I am using a robot that uses the Touch Sensor to detect its movement. When the Sensor is pressed, then the robot is still/stop. When it is released, then it is moving.

It is possible that the robot is hindered by an object whiles the Touch sensor is still released. In this case how can i detect that the robot is not moving while the sensor is still released.

For instance, i can lift up the front wheels of the robot upwards whiles the wheels are still running(moving). In that case, the wheels are moving. How can i detect in that case that the robot is stuck? IT can even be that the robot is bumped into something and can't move further.

I want a way to detect that the robot is stuck whether it is been blocked by something or the front wheel is lifted.

Thanks.
win1for
Novice

Postby LangerJan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:40 am

If your robot is stuck and the movement-motor is jammed, you can check this by reading its internal tachoCount.

Checking if the robot is lifted is a way more tricky. You could use a touchsensor for checking if the robot is touching the ground for instance.
LangerJan
New User

Postby win1for » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please explain to me how to use the tachometer to detect it.

I am a beginner so help me with some explanations.

Thanks
win1for
Novice

Return to NXJ Projects