maximum number of bluetooth connections in a room?

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

maximum number of bluetooth connections in a room?

Postby hawesie » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 am

Hi,

I'm currently setting up a university course to teach AI programming using LeJOS on NXTs (under Linux). We will be doing practical sessions in which we should have about 15 robots running at once in the same room. I had planned to only use USB connections to the robots (i.e. no real feedback from the brick to PCs at runtime), but now I'm starting to wonder about whether life would be easier for everyone (particularly new programmers) if we could use a Bluetooth connection to send debugging info back to a terminal. I know this is well supported in LeJOS, but I was wondering about the practical implications of having 15 or so robots running with separate Bluetooth connections on at the same time. Has anyone tried anything similar? Will the signals interfere or otherwise cause problems?

thanks,

Nick
hawesie
New User

Postby s.frings » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:38 pm

I would not expect problems as long you do not send a vey high amount of data. The air channel can be multiplexed to a lot of connections (maybe unlimited?)
s.frings
Active User

Return to NXJ Hardware