RXTX

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

RXTX availability

Postby carl3rd » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:35 pm

Brian,
I have boughten your book, "MAXIMUM LEGO NXT" and would like to install i-command because you make use of it through out your book in the blue tooth, hand, arm, and vision chapters. I have been having trouble obtaining a key piece of software that you mention on page 150 in your book - the RXTX software. It seems that the rxtx.org has farmed out the dowmloading of their software to www.qbang.org. I can not get to this site:
"The page you are looking for is currently unavailable" which has appeared for the last week as I've tried to access this site. Can you recommend another site that will allow me to get this software?
Thanks!
carl3rd
New User

Postby bbagnall » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi Carl,

We're switching iCommand over to Bluecove support for default (though RXTX and JavaComm will be left as an option for people with strange Bluetooth stacks, like Toshiba). You can get a semi-working preview here:
viewtopic.php?t=370

It won't work properly with NXJ quite yet, and there was a bug that has since been corrected. A new iCommand release is coming as soon as we do the next NXJ release.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby carl3rd » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:40 pm

Thanks, Brian, I appreciate the update, and will wait for the new release of i-command!
carl3rd
New User

Return to NXJ Software