Problem with "nxj -b"

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Problem with "nxj -b"

Postby carath63 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:56 pm

I am running into a problem trying to upload programs to my NXT over the bluetooth connection with "-b" option on the nxj command line.

Whenever I run nxj -b, I get logging messages that indicate the NXT was found, but then I get an IllegalArgumentException: invalid param [encncrypt=false]

I am guessing that encncrypt is a typo for "encrypt", but I'm not sure where this parameter is being set.

Has anyone else run into this?

BTW: I am running lejos 0.3 with the 2.0.0 Bluecove jar.
Christopher A. Rath
carath63
New User

Found the typo

Postby carath63 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:47 pm

I downloaded the source code for NXTCommBluecove and found the open() method. It is setting up the resource string to:

"btspp://" + NXT-DEVICE-ADDRESS + ":1;authenticate=false;encncrypt=false"

I also found the code for MicroeditionConnection.openImpl() where the exception is being thrown. The parameter it is looking for is named "encrypt", not "encncrypt";
Christopher A. Rath
carath63
New User

Postby bbagnall » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi Christopher,

I've never had any problems like this so it's strange you are having a problem. Which operating system/Bluetooth dongle are you using?

Is it maybe a Toshiba computer?

- Brian
bbagnall
Site Admin

my configuration

Postby carath63 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:03 pm

I am running Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2. I have the Abe bluetooth dongle that I ordered from the Lego shop. I have an IBM thinkpad T43.

Is it possible I have an old version of the NXTCommBluecove class? The bluecove jar file I picked up was 2.0. I don't know what version of the source code I was looking at when I saw the "encncrypt=" string.

I'll try downloading the 0.4 version of lejos and see if that clears up the problem.
Christopher A. Rath
carath63
New User

0.4 fixed it

Postby carath63 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:35 pm

After downloading and installing the 0.4 version of lejos, I was able to successfully upload the Tune program to my NXT using the bluetooth connection.

I'll start playing around with the new version and try things out. This certainly makes the upload process a lot easier.
Christopher A. Rath
carath63
New User

Return to NXJ Software