RXTX download

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

RXTX download

Postby Degen » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:50 pm

hi iwe been trying to download the RXTX from www.rxtx.org but the downloads dont work. Is there a mirror download somewhere or can somebody send the file to my mail klysus@hotmail.com I would appreciate it.
Write something in the mail if you do send it, so I dont think its some ugly spam :D.
Degen
New User

Postby bbagnall » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:40 pm

Which operating system are you using? With iCommand 0.6 (just released) the only people who should be using RXTX are:
- Mac OS X users
- Windows users with Toshiba computers and built in Bluetooth

If you have Windows use Bluecove and if you have Linux use Bluez.
bbagnall
Site Admin

rxtx in visa

Postby corona » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:14 am

so does this mean that the problems i've had with getting rxtx to work under vista are of no consequence any longer with iCommand v0.6???
corona
New User

Postby Degen » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:52 pm

bbagnall wrote:Which operating system are you using? With iCommand 0.6 (just released) the only people who should be using RXTX are:
- Mac OS X users

Hi I am using Windows but not from Toshiba. But the thing is my bluetooth dongle is using the Toshiba stack so maby I need it any way?
Degen
New User

Postby Degen » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:11 pm

Degen wrote:
bbagnall wrote:Which operating system are you using? With iCommand 0.6 (just released) the only people who should be using RXTX are:
- Mac OS X users

Hi I am using Windows but not from Toshiba. But the thing is my bluetooth dongle is using the Toshiba stack so maby I need it any way?

Hmm now I noticed that bluecove didnt work whit the Toshiba stack. I had just installed the proper drivers for the dongle but if I Uninstall them and let windows find its own drivers every thing works fine so now I will try iCOmmand 0.6.
Degen
New User

Re: rxtx in visa

Postby bbagnall » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:00 pm

corona wrote:so does this mean that the problems i've had with getting rxtx to work under vista are of no consequence any longer with iCommand v0.6???

That's hard for me to answer because I haven't been able to test anything under Vista. We know lib-usb has problems with Vista (NXJ only) but I haven't heard any problems with Bluecove. Give it a shot, it should work.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby bbagnall » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:01 pm

Degen wrote:Hmm now I noticed that bluecove didnt work whit the Toshiba stack. I had just installed the proper drivers for the dongle but if I Uninstall them and let windows find its own drivers every thing works fine so now I will try iCOmmand 0.6.

Yes, Bluecove will not work with the Toshiba stack. I didn't realize sometimes the Toshiba stack was used with non-Toshiba computers. Windows and Widcomm stacks are fine with Bluecove though.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Return to NXJ Software