My project, Platform for mobile Agents

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

My project, Platform for mobile Agents

Postby nu_kru » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi EveryBody,

I am developing a platform for mobile Agents, and I need to load dynamic class and serializable class, for mobility of mobile agents between NXTs.

I know lejos does not support this, but I need help how it can be implemented.

Any ideas?
nu_kru
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi,
I can't help you implement it but I can explain some of the reasons why we don't have it....

leJOS relies very heavily on the link stage to remove code that is not used and to optimise the way that constants and variables are used. The problem with dynamic code is that its use means that you do not know what classes/methods etc. will be required at run time. This means that in theory you would need to have all of the classes.jar file available, at the moment this is 636Kb in size (much bigger than the available memory on the NXT). This is just the first of the many problems that dynamic code introduces....

Good luck...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby nu_kru » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:31 pm

Hi, one question

The virtual machine of NXTs can load class dynamic or I shoud modify the nxtvm?

Thank you very much.
nu_kru
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:57 pm

No the leJOS VM can not dynamically load class files, and as I described above I think you will find modifying it to do so will require a large number of changes, and may not be possible. If this is for academic project/course work, I would urge you to make sure you understand exactly how complex a task you are taking on before you attempt to make such changes. leJOS relies very heavily on the changes made to a class file during the leJOS link phase many of these changes and associated assumptions are not valid for code that is loaded dynamically...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby rogerfgay » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Is this a class project, commercial, or what?
Correlation does not prove causality.
rogerfgay
New User

Postby nu_kru » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:07 pm

It is a university project, I am student at Zaragoza University (Research Group of Distributed Information Systems), but I am now looking for alternatives and knowing nxtvm.

I will release all developed when I will finish
nu_kru
New User

Return to NXJ Projects