Problem with LeJOS on MacBook/WinXP

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Problem with LeJOS on MacBook/WinXP

Postby williammarsh » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:24 pm

Hello,

I am trying to install lejos on a MacBook running WinXP SP2 using Bootcamp (i.e. the Apple supplied drivers for Win on MacBooks).

LibUSB-Win32 1.12.1 gives me a problem: it seems to install ok (and the test program works) but after it is installed the machine crashes on start-up and has to be brought back to life with the 'Restore last working configuration option'. This removes some part of the LibUSB installation, so that the test program stops working. I tried the installation twice; the second time installing in a directory with no spaces (c:\LibUSB). The result is the same.

I tried running nxjflash but it is unable to find the NXT. I also tried nxjbrowse: it sees the NXT bluetooth but is unable to communicate.

Using the Lego supplied software I am able to communication with the NXT using both USB and Bluetooth.

Some questions:

1. Has anyone encountered this problem using a MacBook/WinXP or successfully installed leJOS on MacBook/WinXP.

2. If I use another computer to flash the leJOS firmware to my NXT, will I be able to use the bluetooth interface on the machine without libUSB installed.

I'd be grateful for any help with this.

William Marsh
williammarsh
New User

Postby lawrie » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:17 pm

Yes, if you do the nxjflash on another machine, you should be able to use the leJOS tools over Bluetooth on the machine without libusb.

Use the -b flag to force it to use Bluetooth, or it will look for the NXT on USB first.
lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby williammarsh » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:20 pm

Lawrie,

William
williammarsh
New User

Return to NXJ Software