Lejos software complications

This is where you talk about the RCX software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderator: roger

Lejos software complications

Postby pedbsktbll » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:55 pm

I've been trying to use the lejos software, but I have really been having a very difficult time. First, I tried installing it in Ubuntu, but I could never run 'make' b/c I would get some strange error.. So, I tried putting it on my xp x64 machine and configure it with JCreator. Whenever I use the command "lejosjc sample.java" in the command prompt, I get: "Fatal Error: Unable to locate package java.lang in classpath or bootclasspath". In JCreator I get this error:

--------------------Custom Tool: lejosc--------------------
Unable to execute javac. Return status of exec is -1.
Make sure javac is in the PATH, or define JAVAC.

Process completed.

Anyone have any idea what these error messages mean? Any other information needed to help diagnose this problem?

Thanks for any help.
pedbsktbll
New User

Postby 99jonathan » Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:53 am

Do you have the java developer's kit installed? It must be in your JAVA_HOME enviroment path as well.
99jonathan

Postby pedbsktbll » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:11 am

Yes, I have the j2sdk1.4.2_15 installed in the C directory. The jre is included in this folder.. I have the JAVA_HOME environment set to: C:\j2sdk1.4.2_15 as an environment variable. Hmm.. I tried adding all the jar files in lejos\lib\ to JCreator's jdk profile, and now when I compile the program it will actually compile the lejos code. However, the lejosc JCreator tool and lejosjc windows batch file still do not work properly..
pedbsktbll
New User

Postby pedbsktbll » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:48 am

Any ideas?
pedbsktbll
New User

Postby roger » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:24 am

So what error messages are you getting now?
roger

Postby pedbsktbll » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:00 pm

The same errors as I explained in the first post.
pedbsktbll
New User

Return to RCX Software