bluetooth via wii remote

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

bluetooth via wii remote

Postby ventus » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 pm

Hello ,
this is my first post here. What i would like to do is to create a communication between my NXT and my Wii remote control via bluetooth. What i want to learn is do i need any special device in order to create a communication between them (e.x Bluetooth™ Dongle ) ?
ventus
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby s.frings » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:50 am

The NXT bluetooth interface is not compatibel to the Wii remote. You can use a PC between them to transform the communications protocol. The Wii remote is an Humain Interface device (like Keyboard and mouse), while the NXT is a generic serial device.
s.frings
Active User
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby Thorsten » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi,
however, it seems that it is not too complicated to use a Nunchuk as an NXT sensor. See e.g. here:
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/211210.
I know that this does not 100% meet the question, but who knows...
Regards,
Thorsten
Thorsten
New User
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:07 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby s.frings » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:48 pm

The Nunchuck has an I2C interface which can be attached to the next. As far as I remeber, you need a 3,3V regulator to power the nunchuck. Anyway, this has nothing to do with bluetooth since it uses a wired connection. I thought you asked for the Wii remote, that's another device.
s.frings
Active User
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby ventus » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Guys i am trying to build a communication between my Wii remote control and my NXT car model.
How can i do this? Can you give me an example?
ventus
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby s.frings » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:23 pm

The two devices are not compatible to each other. The bluetooth interface of the NXT does not support the protocol that is used by the Wii remote. You would need to use a PC in the middle between both.
s.frings
Active User
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby ventus » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:32 pm

s.frings wrote:The two devices are not compatible to each other. The bluetooth interface of the NXT does not support the protocol that is used by the Wii remote. You would need to use a PC in the middle between both.


Yeah i know about that. So what exactly do i need? And also do you have any source code examples for that?
ventus
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby s.frings » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Unfortunately I cannot help with details. I never tried that. Maybe this Video helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOc7aIor ... re=related
s.frings
Active User
 
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby ventus » Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 am

s.frings wrote:Unfortunately I cannot help with details. I never tried that. Maybe this Video helps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOc7aIor ... re=related


The software that guy offers in the video doesn't exist anymore.
ventus
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: bluetooth via wii remote

Postby trandi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:47 am

s.frings wrote:The Nunchuck has an I2C interface which can be attached to the next. As far as I remeber, you need a 3,3V regulator to power the nunchuck. Anyway, this has nothing to do with bluetooth since it uses a wired connection. I thought you asked for the Wii remote, that's another device.



Yes, here's an example on how to use the IR camera on the WiiMote directly from your NXT... It's pretty neat :

http://trandi.wordpress.com/2011/05/12/wiimote-ir-camera-with-lego-nxt-brick-lejos/

Hope it helps,
Trandi
https://trandi.wordpress.com/
trandi
New User
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 6:37 pm


Return to NXJ Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

more stuff