drink mixer

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

drink mixer

Postby s.frings » Tue May 24, 2011 9:56 am

The drink mixer mixes drinks. :wink:
I built several variants of this machine, because my childrens are very interested to examine these machines in detail, even they do not understand the programming part.

The basic idea is: A motor driven mixer moves down into a drink (e.g. milk with cacao powder), mixes the drink and then moves back up to the origin position.

The program is very trivial, only about 10 lines of code. So I'm sure there is no need to post it here. This machine is less interesting to adult persons, but very interesting to small childrens (in my case 4 and 7 years). The can compare different mechanical constructions that dad builds and discuss them. My son was suprised to see that the machine does nothing without a computer attached to it and a program that control the computer. That was a good start for me to explain, waht a computer really does (it can do more than play Youtube clips).

Both children explained what they saw and how they think that thing works. Also both reported their own ideas for modifcation.

So If you want to let small childrens understand what you are doing with Lego and why you spend hours in front of the computer typing text that is obviously somehow related to the Lego parts, try this one. Even small childrens understand the purpose of that machine and how it works (basically). And they drink a lot now :lol:
Last edited by s.frings on Tue May 24, 2011 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
s.frings
Active User

Re: drink mixer

Postby gloomyandy » Tue May 24, 2011 9:58 am

Hi,
Sounds like a great project... Do you have a video clip or pictures to inspire others to do something similar? I love to look at what others have been building...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby s.frings » Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 am

I could make a short video clip, sure. Maybe together with the childrens, that could be a good job for next weekend.
s.frings
Active User

Postby s.frings » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:07 am

My daughter explains the machine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4BVTjC-3pY
s.frings
Active User

Postby kirkpthompson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:43 pm

That's great!

-K
Leg Godt!
kirkpthompson
leJOS Team Member

Postby Rickz2020 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Hahaha this sounds like a really cute little project!
I would love to see it working on YouTube! Maybe you could have more than one robot and have them compete against each other to see which robot can mix the most number of drinks in the least amount of time!

Rich.

Edit: Just saw your post of the video on youtube :)
Rickz2020
Active User

Return to NXJ Projects