NXTLineLeader (leJOS 0.9): Grid Navigation

Post your NXJ projects, project ideas, etc here!

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

NXTLineLeader (leJOS 0.9): Grid Navigation

Postby MattG » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 am

Hi guys,

In an older thread a mentioned my work with the NXTLineLeader using leJOS 0.9 http://lejos.sourceforge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2823.

I was thinking what else you can do with the NXTLineLeader (and more than just line-following).

So I created a system to make navigation in any room possible. Im using puzzle pieces to create a grid in any area you want (actually u can find these puzzle pieces in rooms of kids ;-) ).
You can create huge areas in a room (you just need enough puzzle pieces).

So far, I also coded a "Grid Modeling System" in Java to model the puzzle on the computer. You can draw there a grid like the real grid and adjust it. Set a start point and some end points and the best path will calculate through the implemented A*-Algorithm. You can also use your keyboard to navigate the LineLeader.

I guess hard to understand exactly, so just watch my video on YouTube about this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9NGubsZKEE&feature=channel_video_title

Im looking forward to get some feedback.

Cheers
Matt
MattG
New User

Re: NXTLineLeader (leJOS 0.9): Grid Navigation

Postby gloomyandy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:41 am

Hi Matt,
That is pretty cool. I like the use of those puzzle pieces to create a test surface. I must take a look for some of them! So I assume you could also use this to some sort of SLAM/mapping with the grid allowing you to correct for positional errors...

All the best

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: NXTLineLeader (leJOS 0.9): Grid Navigation

Postby kirkpthompson » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:47 am

That is Cool! Nice GUI also. There is effort underway in the LeJOS team on navigation stuff and there may be some interleave with what you have done. Have you had any dialog with Lawrie, Brian, et al.?

Best,
-K
Leg Godt!
kirkpthompson
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Projects