lejos and enums

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

lejos and enums

Postby slejos » Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Hi guys...

One big question why lejos cant handle with enums... in my test the program said nothing is wrong but the nxt brick throws an exception... and i heared that lejos cant handle with enums!

thx in advance

slejoas
slejos
New User

Re: lejos and enums

Postby gloomyandy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:17 pm

leJOS can handle enums, perhaps if you post your test program, and tell us what version of leJOS you are running this code on, how your are building it and what you expect to happen then we can help...
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby slejos » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:44 am

the bad thing is I deleted my test program but i can tell you what i was trying.
I used switch to handle with bluetooth (readInt) and every switch case had the task to print a text on the bluetooth listeners display and i want to change all Ints into enums and that didnt worked out for me.
slejos
New User

Postby gloomyandy » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:19 am

Hi,
I'm sorry but I suspect that without being able to see the code and get details of what happens, you are probably not going to get much help with this. In general enums work fine with leJOS, if what you are describing is an attempt to send enums via some sort of data stream, then you may be running into issues with the lack of object serialisation in leJOS (which is nothing to do with enums), but as I said without being able to see the code it is hard to help...

Andy
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software