Eclipse leJOS plugin + two bricks

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Eclipse leJOS plugin + two bricks

Postby kaczor » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi, I cannot find a solution anywhere. I use Eclipse and I want to test the bluetooth communication between two bricks A and B. I can of course start NXJBrowse and connect to the both bricks. But how and where can I decide to start upload project A to the brick A and project B to the brick B? Is it so simple I cannot figure it out? :)
kaczor
New User

Re: Eclipse leJOS plugin + two bricks

Postby skoehler » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:15 pm

At the moment, this is not supported by the plug-in. I will probably add the possibility to specify the target NXT for each program in a future version. However, at the moment you probably have to unplug the one NXT and plugin the other inbetween upload. Not very comfortable, I know.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby gloomyandy » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:17 pm

Or turn one nxt off when you want to upload to the other....
gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby skoehler » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:28 am

gloomyandy wrote:Or turn one nxt off when you want to upload to the other....

Ah that's probably easier :-)
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby kaczor » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:58 am

...and this is how I'm doing it right now :)
kaczor
New User

Postby Walt White » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:29 am

Hi,

I am probably misunderstanding your question, but from Eclipse, Window --> Preferences --> leJOS NXJ dialog box has a checkbox to connect to named bricks:

Walt
Walt White
Novice

Postby skoehler » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:08 am

Why do you have both "leJOS" and "leJOS NXJ" on the left side of your preferences window?
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby Walt White » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:14 pm

The plain "leJOS" is for RCX programming:

The story on why it is set to COM1 has to do with using 64-bit Windows 7 and the lack of a 64-bit driver for the RCX USB connection. Details are at a Windows forum: http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/3445-lego-usb-tower.html

That section in Eclipse Preferences appeared by itself after I installed the RCX Eclipse plugin. Also automatically installed was an item in the top Eclipse menu for downloading the RCX firmware:

My enthusiasm in the Windows forum was based on the fact that the link shown above actually works. The serial RCX tower lights up, the RCX beeps, and the firmware downloads. Note that I had to set an environment variable RCXTTY=com1 instead of the usual RCXTTY=usb used in all 32-bit Windows systems.

I thought I was done configuring Eclipse for RCX but have since been disappointed when linking and downloading to the RCX:

That process works fine on my 32-bit Windows 7 netbook, but the error shown above appears whether the RCX is turned on or off, whether the Preferences choice is set to USB or COM1, and while the RCX is in exactly the same physical position that worked great for the firmware download.

I've run out of ideas on how to fix it and have resigned myself to just using my 32-bit Windows 7 netbook when I want to download to the RCX.

Walt
Walt White
Novice

Postby skoehler » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Hey Walt, I fear the RCX stuff is pretty much unmaintained.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby skoehler » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:18 pm

kaczor wrote:Hi, I cannot find a solution anywhere. I use Eclipse and I want to test the bluetooth communication between two bricks A and B. I can of course start NXJBrowse and connect to the both bricks. But how and where can I decide to start upload project A to the brick A and project B to the brick B? Is it so simple I cannot figure it out? :)

Support for this has been added to the Eclipse plug-in. Update to the latest, and when editing a leJOS run configuration, you should see the following:
http://lejos.sourceforge.net/nxt/nxj/tu ... conf03.png

Using this mechanism, you can specify a separate NXT for each project/class/run configuration.
Find out how to edit run configuration here:
http://lejos.sourceforge.net/nxt/nxj/tu ... pse.htm#8c
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby kaczor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:00 pm

Great! I'll try it this weekend.

Thanks!
kaczor
New User

Postby benjamin7 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 am

The possibility to specify the target NXT for each program is great! Thank you very much for adding this to the new eclipse plug-in.
benjamin7
New User

Return to NXJ Software