icommand in eclipse

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

icommand in eclipse

Postby nat1 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 pm

hi

I was wordering how to set up Icommand with eclipse sence there are no nxjc or nxj files in the Icommand downloa. If you could help that would be great!!
Thanks!

Nat
nat1
Novice

Postby bbagnall » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:08 pm

iCommand compiles with the standard Java SDK, so you don't really need to do anything special, other than set the classpath in Eclipse to icommand.jar, plus the library you use for communications (Bluecove, Bluez, or RXTX). The readme file explains how to do this.

If you have Maximum LEGO NXT, it also has instructions with diagrams starting on page 149.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby nat1 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:47 am

hi

should I use the nxjc and nxj commands I have from the lejos nxj download?
Thanks!

Nat
nat1
Novice

Postby bbagnall » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:55 pm

nat1 wrote:should I use the nxjc and nxj commands I have from the lejos nxj download?

No, Eclipse compiles the Java source code automatically as soon as you press save. Then when you want to run your code, you just use the regular green "play" button or use the Run menu. It will make you select the class that you want to run.

If you are using command prompt, just use javac.exe and java.exe to compile and run your iCommand programs.
bbagnall
Site Admin

Return to NXJ Software