Unable to load driver

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Unable to load driver

Postby matejdro » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:49 pm

What did I screw up here?

Code: Select all
leJOS NXJ> Error: Failed to load USB comms driver.
leJOS NXJ> Caused by lejos.pc.comm.NXTCommException: Cannot load NXTComm driver
leJOS NXJ>    at lejos.pc.comm.NXTCommFactory.newNXTCommInstance(NXTCommFactory.java:110)
leJOS NXJ> Caused by lejos.internal.jni.JNIException: cannot load library C:\Program Files (x86)\leJOS NXJ\lib\pc\native\windows\x86\jfantom.dll, architecture windows/x86
leJOS NXJ>    at lejos.internal.jni.JNILoader.loadLibrary(JNILoader.java:121)
leJOS NXJ> Caused by java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Program Files (x86)\leJOS NXJ\lib\pc\native\windows\x86\jfantom.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
leJOS NXJ>    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)

It gives that error at eclipse and bat files.

Using 32bit eclipse, 32bit JDK, latest lego driver. I can see NXT in device manager under "LEGO Devices".
matejdro
Novice

Re: Unable to load driver

Postby skoehler » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:24 pm

Lego Driver isn't installed properly. Please reinstall Fantom Driver 1.1.3 found here:
http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/suppor ... river.aspx

Even though you say that it is already installed, the message "C:\Program Files (x86)\leJOS NXJ\lib\pc\native\windows\x86\jfantom.dll: Can't find dependent libraries" suggest that the Fantom driver isn't installed proberly. Most likely, the fantom.dll (without a j) is not found. If reinstallting the Fantom drivers doesn't help, use the Dependency Walker, open jfantom.dll with it and post a screenshot:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Which version of Windows are you using?
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby matejdro » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Windows 7 x64
matejdro
Novice

Postby skoehler » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:01 pm

I think MSVCR71.dll is the DLL that's missing. On 32 Bit Windows 7 it should reside in c:\windows\system32 and on Windows 64Bit it should reside in c:\windows\syswow64.
Try to find a copy of that file on your system and try copying it to c:\windows\syswow64. I was unable to find an official installer my microsoft. Only dubious sources on the net.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby matejdro » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:50 am

It worked. Thanks!
matejdro
Novice

Return to NXJ Software