Javadoc Attachement in Eclipse

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: 99jonathan, roger, imaqine

Javadoc Attachement in Eclipse

Postby hyderabat » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:52 pm

In Eclipse, when I try to attach the Javadoc (C:\Users\Administrator\leJOSNXJProjects\classes\doc) to the project via Properties/Java Built Path/ , even if it says its "likely to be valid", it immediatelly disappears afterwards as soon as I click OK. I get the same result with the online API.

How can I prevent this link from disappearing? It should technically be working... :-(
hyderabat
New User

Re: Javadoc Attachement in Eclipse

Postby hyderabat » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2838

This solved my problems (and also the one that you have to restart Eclipse each time...)
hyderabat
New User

Postby kos » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Still have the javadoc URL problem, the URL can be validated but is not remembered ; LeJOS Eclipse plugin version 0.9.0.201... . Eclipse Helios or Indigo 32bit .

kos
23apr2012 [NL]
kos
New User

Postby skoehler » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:18 pm

The Eclipse-plugin doesn't set the JavaDoc URL. Instead, it points Eclipse at the *-src.zip files that are included since leJOS 0.9.1. That will give you javadoc in Eclipse. And you can view the source of leJOS from inside Eclipse (e.g. during debugging).
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Postby kos » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 am

just weird
kos
New User

Postby fmbsg » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Reopening that old topic, since I'm stuck with the same problem: I have no access to lejos-API-Javadoc inside Eclipse (Indigo)

Assume
Code: Select all
IRSeekerV2 irsv2 = new IRSeekerV2(port, mode);

Normally, if I go over IRSeeker at the beginning of the line, there should be Javadoc and, in the help window should be something like

Java help:
Javadoc for 'lejos.nxt.addon.IRSeekerV2'

But there isn't anything like that. I'm presented with a little popup. If I click in it, I will be transferred to the source code of IRSeeker. But I don't want to study the source, I want to read the API-Doc. "Attaching" Javadoc via buildpath and lib-properties accepts the path as "likely valid", but doesn't save it. Is there any possibility to get Javadoc as context-sensitive help or do I really have to navigate in a browser independantely to find what I'm looking for?

Kind regards
Frank
fmbsg
New User

Postby skoehler » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:32 am

And what do you see when you are presented with the source of IRSeekerV2 ? Do you see any JavaDoc for the class?
I just took a look at http://www.lejos.org/nxt/nxj/api/lejos/ ... kerV2.html and it doesn't seem like this class was ever documented. Clearly, Eclipse can't give you any JavaDoc that isn't there.
Some methods seem to have been documented, so Eclipse should show you the JavaDoc for the methods at least.

Also, I would like to recommend to you the usage of Eclipse's JavaDoc view. It's a little window showing you the JavaDoc of the class or method at the current cursor location.
skoehler
leJOS Team Member

Return to NXJ Software